SURVIVING UNDER VIRTUAL INFLUENCE

SURVIVING UNDER VIRTUAL INFLUENCE

0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
At 100 signatures, this petition is more likely to be featured in recommendations!
VOCAL FOR VITAL started this petition to Arvind Kejriwal and

Namaste India �

We hope that you've read the title of this petition. It's simply okay to consider it like any random petition. But don't forget, your small step can make a huge difference into changing the lives of millions. 

The latest news updates us with the fact that online classes are to be continued till further notice. But, the problem has not found it's solution till date. Students may have adapted to the new system of learning, but according to their perspective, they are not willing to continue with this new academic system. We're humans, we've problems too. We respect our teachers and their extreme hard work towards shaping our career during this pandemic period. But the point is that we're facing a lot of physical as well as mental health issues. We wake up in the morning and head to sit in front of the screens, and this cycle continues everyday, due to which many students are becoming the victims of anxiety and depression. Just think about the junior classes, do they really deserve to suffer all this stuff at such an early age? 

We all have pressure that we've to deal with everyday- with school, with institutions, mental pressure and what not. After listening to a dozen of suggestions by students and their parents, we expect the education department to declare 2020 a zero academic year, as it's impossible to carry out learning the way we used to during pre COVID-19 times and that too accompanied by physical and mental health issues. The other alternative to this menace is that we students can complete the syllabus in 2 years instead of 1 year. In simple terms, online classes should stop at this stage and the leftover syllabus can be completed next year in schools. More than half of the year is over and till now, only 30-40% of the syllabus is completed and the rest 60% is still left and that too when we're rushing with the syllabus. It feels like someone is coercing us to study when we students are undergoing a lot of stress, specially the students of senior classes. We should also not forget that 40% of Indian children still have no access to this virtual world, and that every single student, parent and teacher wants a quick solution to the problem. We expect the MHRD department to take a notice of everything we have mentioned in this petition and take a quick action as soon as possible, so that no more time gets wasted as the pandemic peaks. 

According to Swami Vivekananda:

We want that education by which character is formed, strength of mind is increased, the intellect is expanded and by which one can stand on one's own feet. 

According to "us":

We're provided with that education by which character is ruined, strength of mind is decreased, the intellect is contracted and by which we've to take stand for other's views and this is the best way the youth can be vocal for themselves. 

Thank you �

 

0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
At 100 signatures, this petition is more likely to be featured in recommendations!