Appeal to Delhi Govt : Speed Up Delhi Land Pooling Implementation For Affordable Housing
This petition had 1,617 supporters
Aam Aadmi appeals to the Aam Aadmi Government of Delhi to declare 89 villages as urban villages and 95 villages as development areas to fast track the implementation of the Delhi Land Pooling Policy ( LPP ). LPP has the potential to provide affordable apartments to 25 lakhs people, EWS flats to 11 Lakhs people and employment to 5 Lakhs people.
LPP is an assembling of multiple chunks of land by various land owners including farmers and handing it over to DDA for re-development. DDA to retain a percentage of assembled land for developing external infrastructure and return back remaining percentage to land owners to develop residential, commercial, social, healthcare and institutional units. LPP is a win-win situation for farmers, housing societies, developer entities, citizens and Govt.
Benefits Of LPP
• Revenue Generation - The Delhi government will be able to generate a vast amount of Rs 50,000 Crores in revenues through stamp duties of the new housing plans associated with the Land Pooling Policy.
• New Opportunities in Employment - Under this policy approximately 4 to 5 Lakhs people (skilled/unskilled) of Delhi will get employment through this project.
• Focus on Farmers Welfare - Farmers will be benefited as they will get justified and handsome value of their land at market rate. Moreover, they can have an active participation with the policy.
• Affordable Flats for EWS - More than 25 Lakhs dwelling units will be constructed under this policy. This will solve the housing problems of lower and medium income groups in Delhi. In addition to this, 11 Lakhs Economical Weaker Section (EWS) flats will be built & transferred to the residents of Delhi.
• Investment of People - The people of Delhi, including the investors as well as the home seekers have put in Rs 35,000 Crores in the policy. The delay of urbanization of 95 villages will have harmful effects on this massive investment.
• Public and Semi-Public Facilities - DDA has already approved providing civic infrastructure on these lands in the form of multi lane roads, hospitals, schools, amusement parks and many other conveniences for the general public.
• Commercial Activities - Commercial activities are important to give a boost to the economy of a country. The Delhi government will get taxes from the commercial spaces built by the private developers.
Groups To Be Benefited Through Implementing LPP
Central /State government employees : Many employees come from other states and join central and state government jobs in Delhi and they wish to continue living here after their retirement, but their honestly earned lifelong savings are not sufficient to match current high property prices in Delhi, which forces them to settle down in far-away NCR towns. Delhi has always welcomed people from outside and the best examples are over a dozen of Delhi government MLA’s along with the Chief Minister.
A Large Section of Middle Class : Most of the middle class families are facing the same problem of spacious living as they are expanding in numbers. They need more space to live for new members in the family. But, they have limited budget to buy a new home and thus, can take advantages from Delhi Land Pooling Policy's affordable housing schemes.
Large Portion of People with Lower Income Group/EWS : In the current situation, 50% population of Delhi come in lower income group who lives in unauthorized colony but want to upgrade their life style with better living space and amenities.
Migrants & Minority Communities : People who migrate to Delhi find it tough to buy/rent a house due to higher prices, cultural and lifestyle differences, and at times reluctance of owners to let/sell their properties to a few particular communities, regions, caste, and religions. It will provide ample options to migrants and minorities to buy new house directly from housing societies and developer entities.
After the implementation of LPP, Delhi will become a global city. A number of MNCs (Multi National Corporations) would prefer moving to Delhi on the basis of infrastructure and development. Also, it will increase the amount of foreign and domestic investments flowing into Delhi. This policy is completely in favour of the people who belong to different classes in Delhi, as LPP would promote inclusive growth. At one hand, it would provide housing to lower and middle class society, and on the other hand it would put our capital at a global road-map as a truly planned cosmopolitan, a title which unfortunately has eluded us so far.
Please sign this petition, and help us bring Arvind Kejriwal Govt’s attention to provide affordable housing in Delhi.
Today: DELHILPP is counting on you
DELHILPP . needs your help with “Arvind Kejriwal: Appeal to Delhi Govt : Speed Up Delhi Land Pooling Implementation For Affordable Housing”. Join DELHILPP and 1,616 supporters today.