Govt intentions towards Senior Citizens of India?
0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!
To match with market index, apart from yearly increments @ 10 % (Minimum) & periodical Pay Commissions by Govt (5th & 6th w.e.f. 01.01.2001 & 01.01.2006 respectively & recent, 7th pay commission which has already been implemented. The Salaries of employees has gone up more than three times. Retired Govt Employees have also been benefited against each pay commission since pensions increases in line with Pay hikes.
Also, recently Govt has unilaterally decided & hiked salaries of Ministers by 100 - 200%.
What about Sr Citizens having no pension or source of income & not retired from GOI / State Govt / Public Sectors e.g. Banks, etc having Pensions..
- Fixed Deposit - Interest rates have come down from 13-14 % to 7.50 % PA
- Market Index / Inflation has gone very high.Monthly expenses has increased & on increase each year.
- Medical expenses, with increase in age, has multifold.Income Tax on income against Fixed Deposits.
Govt has totally neglected Sr Citizen. Our Prime Ministers is fondly talking & appreciating YUVA Shakti (Young Battalion) only. It seems that Sr Citizens has no role to play in India. It can be seen from :
There is no Yojna for Sr Citizens of India.
- Govt is not concerned on decrease of Interest rate & its effects on Sr Citizens life.
- There is no plan to built Sr Citizen Homes having facilities required by them.
- Income Tax on income from Fixed Deposits, even though, Income Tax have already been paid Money earned by them.
- Medical cost has increased multifold.
Following are requested:
- Govt to start few schemes where Sr Citizens can invest & earn sufficiently to lead a decent & dignified life.
- Favorable mediclaim cashless policies considering age related issues & price.
- To build sufficient Low cost Homes having all facilities as required for hire or purchase by them.
- Inline with Railways & prevailing practice in few States, 50% concession for travel by Road in all State Owned Buses (Ordinary / Luxury/Sleeper-Coaches) within state & inter-states.
Today: Nand Lal is counting on you
Nand Lal Pamnani needs your help with “Arun Jaitley: Govt intentions towards Senior Citizens of India?”. Join Nand Lal and 285 supporters today.