Demanding for Suburban rail in Bengaluru.
This petition had 1,809 supporters
Bengaluru..!! The Silicon Valley and IT hub of India.
- Thousands of employees from different parts of the country are working here in Bengaluru in IT, BT and other sectors.
- As a result of this there has been a huge contribution of tax to the central government from the state of Karnataka.
- As there are huge number of employees in the city, road traffic has been a big challenge from a very long time.
- With current traffic density, one can cover maximum of 5 kilometers per hour and an average most of them commute 30 kilometers too and fro, rounding to 5-6 hours of valuable time.
- Considering the above points, the state government had approached our central government to bring Suburban rail to Bengaluru city to provide connectivity to different parts of the city and to overcome road traffic.
- Sources in the state government told Times of India that Karnataka had sent its feedback, citing it cannot agree to the Railways' proposition of a 20:20:60 financial sharing pattern.
- According to the proposed pattern, while the central government gives 20% of the funds for the suburban rail, another 20% will have to be provided by the state government, with the remaining 60% being generated through loans from financial institutions, using state government assets and guarantees.
- "Effectively, this meant that the state government will have to take on the financial burden of up to 80%. This is very difficult to agree to," said an urban development department official.
- Suburban train has been a successful concept in all other metropolitan cities except Namma Bengaluru. The government of Mumbai has provided relief to commuters through Suburban trains and has taken initiative to improve the same, a recent news article reads that "45,000 crores is being invested in Mumbai for Suburban trains", why not in Namma Bengaluru?
- Requesting railway ministry to make use of the existing infrastructure to implement suburban rail system in the city.
- Considering great tax contribution from Karnataka,We urge the central government to re-investigate the budget and do needful to the state government in public interest.
I request you to sign and share this petition to see better Bengaluru.
Today: Srinidhi is counting on you
Srinidhi Narayan needs your help with “Arun Jaitley: Demanding for Suburban rail in Bengaluru.”. Join Srinidhi and 1,808 supporters today.