Artists & Art Lovers: Act for Humanity
This petition had 304 supporters
Artists For a Free World is a growing group of artists whose work speaks to the need to take action for our shared humanity, the need for justice for all peoples. Through partnering with like-minded Artists, we are building a movement for a just world through the arts.
Artists for a Free World is petitioning artists and arts organizations to pledge to make art and take actions that support a just world.
This pledge is not a recruitment effort. We are simply asking you to commit to art and social justice.
By signing this petition, you are pledging to align yourself with positive creative actions in your local community. Although we believe in spreading compassion on a global scale, by focusing our energies locally we will have the most impact.
- Inspire and uplift through your art and/or create events that present this work
- Support issues by protesting , donating & calling politicians to support
- Advocate for people in need
- Bring your art to rallies and demonstrations e.g. Join with the Artists For a Free World marching band
- Share this pledge with your friends, family, and community!
Follow this link to learn more about Artists for a Free World, donate or sign up for our mailing list: http://www.artsforart.org/advocacy.html
- We Shall Overcome and bring Unity, Justice, Compassion and Humanity to our Shared World. -
The Artist’s Pledge
As an artist and human being - I take a stand for Justice and Compassion for all. I pledge to work to inspire these ideals through my actions, my art, and as a responsible citizen of our shared world.
I support those who are marginalized - whose lives and rights are most in jeopardy. I call on all artists and creative people to use their art and actions to create a just world, and I pledge to do so in my own community.
By signing this pledge, I commit to acting responsibly - to live and create art that makes the world better, kinder, and more compassionate.
Today: Patricia is counting on you
Patricia Parker needs your help with “Artists & Art Lovers: Act for Humanity”. Join Patricia and 303 supporters today.