Save not one life but many other human person life who are subjected to the death penalty
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
"Singaporeans understand that the death penalty has been an effective deterrent and an appropriate punishment for very serious offences, and largely support it. As part of our penal framework, it has contributed to keeping crime and the drug situation under control." by Deputy Prime Minister and Home Affairs Minister Teo Chee Hean. Through the same article published dated on Mar 21st, 2017, local online Channel News Asia (CNA) had revealed that about 35 individual people are still anxiously awaiting for their own execution dates with the death rows, 28 individual people are recorded to be under the mandatory criminal offences of drug trafficking whilst seven individual people are listed under the mandatory criminal offences for murder. After a year of the article were published, 5 individual people from the recorded number were executed under the death penalty row for the criminal offences to be involuntary or unvoluntary involved on a minor or low-level drug trafficking, three were Singaporean Malay Male, a Nigerian Male and an Indian Malaysian Male.
The national current, drug harm prevention campaign promulgated for the nation of a drug-free society, clearly displayed the framework mechanism that contradicts against Singapore State people fundamental liberties human rights entitlement listed under the Constitutional Status Article 9(1). For past 42 years, ever since 1975, of the second amendments legislative sanction of the Misuse of Drugs Act (MDA), implemented to introduces the national extrajudicial criminal justices of the mandatory capital punishment of death penalty, as part of national law enforcement long-term strategy work effort that integrates through an rigourous and effectives drug preventive eradication program, that propagates for Singapore first drug preventitive campaign calls 'Operation Ferret' , as a successful and effective drug prevention eradication program in the work effort to reduces with the sudden raised of 'heroin epidemic' among the 'male adolescent youth' during that era of time.
Moreover, the local social justices change solidarity movement action initiated by Singapore diverse NGO human rights defender or movement is often to be regards as a act of self-centred, irresponsible and reckless action generally to be incriminates through rhetorical national disputes to justified upon the government of Singapore affirmed decision stance to retained the national death penalty rows, even though the local NGO human rights defender action or decision to coordinates the social justices change movement action is indeed in aligning with the customary 'norms' general principle of international law of human rights bill, the rules above all laws, that had foster to build the foundation based in requesting the government of Singapore to incorporate with the global action cause movement of the international moratorium for total abolishment on the death penalty rows.
Last but not least, we at Awaken Resistance, seek for the solidarity support, from the diverse ally who might or have a similar work interest like us to TAKE THE ACTION by signing up for #supportdontpunish Petition Pledge on Singapore key population people who use drugs. In respect with State recent accession to reaffirmed their work commitment support on all Three of the International Drug Control Conventions; as well as, The 2009 Political Declaration and Plan of Action; The 2014 Joint Ministerial Statement; and The 2016 UNGASS Outcome Document, we urges to further request and reminded the government of Singapore, to adopt the national drug policies that respect the rule of law, the principle of proportionality and human rights standard and norms. That emphasizes to underscores through the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (ICCPR), of the covenant Article 6 guidelines definition, where the government of Singapore should integrate the framework;
- Every human being has the inherent rights to life. This right shall be protected by law. No one shall be arbitrarily deprived of his life.
- In countries which have not abolished the death penalty, sentences of death may be imposed only for the most serious crimes in accordance with the law in force at the time of the commission of the crime and not contrary to the provision of the present Covenant and to the Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide. This penalty can only be carried out pursuant to a final judgement rendered by a competent court.
- When deprivation of life constitutes the crime of genocide, it understood that nothing in this article shall authorize any State Party to the present Covenant to derogate in any way from any obligation assumed under the provisions of the Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocides.
- Anyone sentenced to death shall have the right to seek pardon or commutation of the sentences. Amnesty, pardon or commutation of the sentences of death may be granted in all cases.
- Sentence of death shall not be imposed for crimes committed by a person below eighteen years of age and shall not be carried out on pregnant women.
- Nothing in this article shall be invoked to delay or to prevent the abolition of capital punishment by any State Party to the present convent.
Today: Awaken Resistance is counting on you
Awaken Resistance needs your help with “Approve the humanitarian decision in order to save much life from being subjected to the death penalty.”. Join Awaken Resistance and 10 supporters today.