Support Us! Raising Money to finish an Indonesian Children's Hospital, located in Bali.
THE CURRENT STATE OF HEALTHCARE ACCESS OF CHILDREN IN INDONESIA.
90% of people don’t have health insurance. Many who can not afford doctors' fees often receive no treatment at all, while the wealthy fly abroad for a check-up. The system is plagued by under-funding, decentralization, lack of qualified staff, rising medical costs and outdated medical equipment.
The health system desperately needs improvement, and there are no laws that protect the patient. For most of Indonesia's more than 260 millions inhabitants, even the lowest quality healthcare is often inaccessible.
In Bali and around Bali, some islands or remote mountain villages can be inaccessible for months at a time during the monsoon season. Thousands of children, suffering of serious disease, necessitating particular knowledge and treatments, not available in the region.
The official "free" structures are not sufficiently equipped with medical devices, medical goods or drugs. Also, very often, they don’t hide enough staff. These structures can't support patients for severe or complicate cases then, they are referred to hospitals that are too expensive for an immense majority of the population. Indonesian hospitals are even known to keep patients "hostage" until family members can settle their bills...
In Indonesia (including the area of Bali), has the fifth highest number of stunted children in the world. More than one out of every three children (or 37%) are stunted. That means 9.5 million children under five are malnourished and/or don’t have any access to Health Care.
WHO WE ARE:
- Since 2008 the Fair Future Foundation has been giving Free Health and Medical Care to people in need;
- Our patients increasing every week. Patients come to our Free Medical Center, our doctors make house calls, we also conduct Monthly Medical Care Events in the poorest areas of the island. Sometimes we welcome more than 700 people in one day (read our blog here).
- We started with 11,000 free check ups per year and in 2015 we're touching the 30,000 people per year mark, and increase.
- So far our main source of funding has been our famous Social Restaurant, The Fair Warung Balé. 100% profits from the restaurant go towards supporting our cause. Its the only one “restaurant” worldwide, which supports and funds a Comprehensive & Massive Public Health & Medical Care Program.
- Thanks to people like you who choose to support our cause, we've managed to keep our efforts going.
WHAT WE WANT TO DO:
We want to make Health & Medical care more accessible for Indonesian babies and children. To take things further, here at Fair Future Foundation we are now in the process of constructing a Pediatric Center dedicated to every Indonesian child, to treat serious medical cases, such as cases of reconstructive, digestive, orthopedic, abdominal and heart surgery.
This Pediatric Hospital will also provide, basic surgical and emergency services in favor of local population (+/- 45’000 inhabitants) who don’t have access to basic health & medical care.
You can download the presentation files here.
Our initial project, a 100% charity restaurant called “Fair Warung Bale” is not enough to finance everything now, which is why we need your help to complete the last leg of the project which is to raise 50,000 USD. (Building work has begun late last March 2015 ago and we should welcome the first patients in April 2016)
For details on the progress of the hospital so far, click here to see some pictures of the project.
HOW CAN YOU HELP:
If you've got love in your heart for Indonesia, Bali and its people then donate however much can to the building of this hospital. Any amount would make a big difference.
Every penny you donate to the New Pediatric Hospital and Fair Future Foundation is accounted for. You can see all accounting and audit reports on our website: www.fairfuturefoundation.org or donate with Paypal here or with GoFundMe.com here also
For more ways on how you can help us click here.
- The Fair Future Foundation Website here;
- The Fair Future Foundation Brochure here;
- The New Children's Hospital here;
- The New Children's Hospital presentation files here;
- The New Children's Hospital pictures gallery here;
- The New Children's Hospital architectural plans here;
- How to help us page - Here;
- Free Health & Medical Care for Everyone - Here;
- All our donors & sponsors page - Here;
- Our Youtube Playlist here (all our movies);
- Donate with PayPal here;
- Donate with GoFundMe here;
- Download the entire presentation file (13mo) here.
15.12.2015 © Alex Wettstein, Founder & President of the Fair Future Foundation, A Swiss State Approved Foundation.
Today: Alexandre is counting on you
Alexandre WETTSTEIN needs your help with “Anyone who wants to make a difference in Indonesia: Support Us! Raising Money to finish an Indonesian Children's Hospital, located in Bali.”. Join Alexandre and 158 supporters today.