Stop racism to high schoolers on Bus 20
This petition had 88 supporters
A high school bus driver in Ipswich, Robbie, is treating students in a racist manner. this is inappropriate for a person who communicates with young people everyday.
he is disrespectful to students who have caused no trouble and put up no argument simply because of the colour of their skin. some things he has done are:
- demand all poc students sit at the front of the bus because he thinks they are criminals
- he takes the school bags of the poc students away so they can't have them during the trip
- he tells poc students they are not equal and that they are less than white students
- a student asked him if he knew he was racist and he replied 'you have no idea'
- he refused to move the bus until a Polynesian student moved seats
- among other things
it has gotten to the point where some students refuse to take the bus and instead walk home, which can take a long time for some.
this is an issue that should be taken seriously by Translink as it affects the youth. it's unfair for these students to be treated this way when they have done nothing wrong. everyone should be allowed to feel safe and equal while catching the bus.
to show that you do not support the racism shown by this driver, please sign the petition!
Today: a concerned is counting on you
a concerned high school student needs your help with “anyone who cares about racism : Stop racism on Bus 20”. Join a concerned and 87 supporters today.