Stop the ACT government from changing the Community Contributions Scheme
This petition made change with 554 supporters!
We the undersigned are opposed to the ACT Government’s option paper regarding “Maximising the Benefits of the Community Contributions Scheme”.
As noted in the report, “Despite declining revenues from gaming, the amount of community contributions reported by clubs has continued to exceed the minimum requirement contributions”.
As clubs are exceeding the required contributions it makes no sense for the government to take over this role.
Licenced clubs contribute to the Canberra community and
· Support rugby league clubs and the community making the cost affordable for participants.
· Reduced funding has the potential to impact clubs and the costs that participants will be required to pay.
· Less funding will impact the sustainability of clubs, especially with the continuing rise in charges by the ACT Government for ground hire, hire of lighting and pavilions.
· Support for training and hiring of referees and first aid trainers.
· Supports the participation of members of the Canberra community in physical activities, reducing the incidence of childhood and adult obesity and providing mental and social health benefits.
Why would the ACT Government want to destroy a system that delivered more than “$33.2 million to the community in 2015-2016”? Will the Government match this funding supplied by the licensed clubs of Canberra and provide a corresponding incremental increase in the future? What assurances will the ACT Government provide that this money will not be absorbed in to general Territory revenue? How will the ACT Government ensure my club does not close as a result of its grants based proposal?
Today: steve is counting on you
steve hicks needs your help with “Andrew Barr: Stop the ACT government from changing the Community Contributions Scheme”. Join steve and 553 supporters today.