An Independent Enquiry into Commonwealth Government and Political Corruption in Australia
This petition had 1,157 supporters
I am an Australian Public Servant (APS). I have made complaints regarding criminal conduct of APS employees in the past regarding a matter through the proper avenues within the appropriate agencies, as did other employees. The complaints I made were deliberately not investigated to any proper extent and all complaints were unsubstantiated. I have referred the matter to the Australian Federal Police (AFP) for investigation as it concerns conduct of malfeasance, perversion of the course of justice and abuse of public office to name the likely offences, however, the agency themselves have reported to the AFP that all the matters have been investigated, which is not true. I have taken the matter to the Commonwealth Ombudsman’s Office who have unsubstantiated the matters, regardless of the evidence I have produced. I have taken the matter to the then Commissioner of the Australian Public Service Commission who declined to investigate the matter.
I have sent letters and emails to the Minister in charge of the agency concerned at the time, who referred me back to the Commonwealth Ombudsman’s office and the AFP. I have sent letters and emails to 148 Members of Parliament requesting an independent investigation into this matter and, to my disgust, I received very little response, let alone support from our Members of Parliament. I have notified the Prime Minister (edited 24 08 18 - previous Prime Minister) and opposition leader regarding this matter on several occasions, to no avail.
I have been the recipient of reprisals from two different agencies because of my complaints, even though my complaints were made through the Public Interest Disclosure Act 2013. I have evidence of the above and I would also like to state the following regarding this matter:
• Government agencies have spent a great deal of tax payer’s money to cover-up this matter;
• I suspect secretaries of two government agencies have been involved in covering this matter up and reprisals against myself for making complaints regarding this matter and pursuing it;
• I suspect there is a current serving MP who has been a part of the reprisals;
• I believe this matter is known to the latest Ex-Prime Minister (Malcolm Turnbull) of the government of the day;
• I believe the latest Ex-Prime Minister of the government of the day has not fulfilled his duty whilst in office in respect of this matter and has not ensured there is a proper system in place to ensure complaints of government and political corruption are investigated properly in Australia;
• I believe any independent investigation/enquiry into this matter will clearly underscore both high level maleficence and systemic corruption within several different government agencies; and
• I have tried to report this matter through all and every available avenue available to public servants, however, the system is designed to have sensitive matters like this unsubstantiated and covered-up at the expense of the complainant and the Australian public, regardless of the immense value to the public interest.
There is a great deal of evidence that can corroborate and support the above. I have been conservative when detailing my assertions, suspicions and beliefs and I know any independent investigation/enquiry would flesh out the basics I have articulated above and much more.
As an Australian Public Servant, I have always been apolitical in respect of this matter and will continue to be. I believe it is my duty to the Australian people, particularly Australian taxpayers, to pursue this matter for their sake and for the sake of democracy, regardless of our political persuasions. Everyone will benefit from a more transparent and corrupt free government. I believe when it is the case that the upper echelons, including heads, of political parties and government agencies are involved in conduct, that equates to perverting the course of justice, reprisals and abuse of public office that the public has a right to know what their hard earned cash is being spent on and for the offenders to be brought to justice, for the sake of all Australians and for the sake of justice. I also believe that persons who have deliberately not acted on information at the expense of the Australian taxpayer when they are employed in positions to act on such information are also offending in the same manner.
I am writing this letter to the Australian public because they deserve to know what is really going on and how their taxpayers’ dollars are being spent. It is obvious to me that the government of the day and key persons within certain agencies have gone to extraordinary lengths to ensure this matter is not made available to the public for their own agendas, at the very expense of the public, both financially and otherwise, which I think is an absolutely disgraceful way to treat the Australian Public and democracy within Australia, particularly considering that many Australians have given their lives to protect democracy in this country.
I wish for this petition to go the Attorney General of Australia, Christian Porter, to the new Prime Minister of Australia, Scott Morrison and to the new Minister for the Australian Public Service, Mathias Cormann, to have this matter investigated by an independent body who can refer the matter to the AFP AND ALSO an independent enquiry to determine how the original investigation was managed by all parties concerned with the power to refer persons to the AFP.
Thank you for your time,
Today: Ken is counting on you
Ken Carroll needs your help with “An Independent Enquiry into Commonwealth Government and Political Corruption in Australia”. Join Ken and 1,156 supporters today.