NOW OUT: Join 200+ Trade Unionists: Stop the War on Gaza: No Arms for Apart
Jul 29, 2014 — Dear Fellow Trade Unionist,
Labor for Palestine has just posted Stop the War on Gaza: No Arms for Apartheid Israel (below), with more than 200 initial signers.
If you are a union member, please endorse at: http://chn.ge/1tkffE6 .
TO BE LISTED, YOU MUST PROVIDE your labor affiliation/organization (including local number, if any), union position (if any), location, and email address.
• Forward this message widely.
• Share the on Facebook, Twitter and other social media.
• Like the Labor for Palestine Facebook page.
• Introduce a resolution in your union or other labor body (see model resolution, below).
• Donate to Labor for Palestine at: http://laborforpalestine.net/donate-to-lfp/
Thank you for taking a stand!
Suzanne Adely, Monadel Herzallah and Michael Letwin
Co-Conveners, Labor for Palestine
Labor for Palestine
Stop the War on Gaza: No Arms for Apartheid Israel — Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions!
July 28, 2014
"We call on the UN and governments across the world to take immediate steps to implement a comprehensive and legally binding military embargo on Israel, similar to that imposed on South Africa during apartheid." Palestinian Trade Unions and Civil Society, Stop Arming Israel, July 20, 2014
"For the sake of the hundreds of thousands trembling under our violence, I cannot be silent." Beyond Vietnam, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., April 4, 1967
* * *
As workers and trade unionists, we join with Palestinian trade unions, the Congress of South African Trade Unions, Unite (UK/Ireland), and labor organizations around the world to urgently condemn Israel's barbaric war on Gaza, which has taken thousands of lives since 2006, including many hundreds in recent weeks.
With them, we stand in solidarity with the Palestinian people against more than a century of Zionist colonialism, dispossession, ethnic cleaning, racism, apartheid and genocide -- including Israel's very establishment through the uprooting and displacement of over 750,000 Palestinians during the 1947-1948 Nakba. Indeed, eighty percent of the 1.8 million people sealed into Gaza are refugees.
With them, we support Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS), which demands an end to Israeli military occupation of the 1967 territories; full equality for Palestinian citizens of Israel; and the right of return for Palestinian refugees, as affirmed by UN resolution 194.
• We call on the US government and its allies to end all aid to Israel.
• We call on workers to emulate dockers in South Africa, India, Sweden, Norway, Turkey, the US west coast, and elsewhere, by refusing to handle military or any other cargo destined for Israel.
• We call on labor bodies to divest from Israel Bonds, and cut ties with the Histadrut, Israel's racist labor federation.
Initial Signers posted at: http://chn.ge/1tkffE6