High cost life-saving medicines for Venezuelans
This petition had 786 supporters
By now you would have witnessed at your door step the atrocities committed by the Venezuelan government in the last two months, with 67 deaths recognized by the Ministry of Public Affairs as direct consequence of the crude repression to protesters.
This petition however is about the silent deaths as a result of non-existing appropriate medical care and treatments for the ill.
The Venezuelan parliament and several Non-Governmental Organisations have raised this nation-wide catastrophe internationally at UN and OAS levels, and have requested the Executive power to ask for humanitarian aid, but the Venezuelan government has repeatedly denied this crisis, thus stopping such aid from coming in via the normal established international channels for such situations. Venezuelan customs are confiscating privately sent medicines and humanitarian aid on port arrival.
Making the situation even more devastating, Maduro’s government has now stopped the transplant programme and the supply of high cost medicines to treat rare diseases and rejection of organs for those transplanted. This is a cruel death sentence to these patients, evidencing the genocidal nature of his regime.
We, people of Venezuela, ask you to lessen their suffering by bringing their much needed medications through your Embassies. In particular, due to the unsustainable and in most cases impossible funding from the individuals and their families, we ask you to bring high cost medicines for rare diseases and anti-rejection treatment for those transplanted.
According to an investigation published by El Nacional newspaper (by ISAYEN HERRERA | firstname.lastname@example.org , 4th June, 2017), the following medicines are needed:
- Transplanted patients (3500 patients) : Sirolimus, Tracolimus, Prograf, Rapamune, Certican, Everolimus, Myfortic, Prednisona, Imuran and Celcec
- Multiple-Sclerosis / Esclerosis Multiple (2200 patients) : Betaferon, Copaxone, Avonex, Tysabri, y Rebys
- Peritoneal Dialysis/Dialisis peritoneal (1500 patients): bagged fluids for the treatment
- Paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria / hemoglobinuria paroxística nocturna (10 patients): Soliris.
- Haemophilia / Hemofilia and other haemorrhagic diseases/ enfermedades hemorragicas (4200 patients): Factors VII, VIII and IX
- Pulmonary Hypertension/Hipertension pulmonar (400 patients) : iloprost and trepostinil (with their needed catheters) and Bosentan
- Pompe disease/ enfermedad de Pompe (5 patients) : Myozyme
- Gaucher disease/ enfermedad de Gaucher (70 patients) : imiglucerase (Cerezyme), velaglucerase alfa (VPRIV) and taliglucerase alfa (Elelyso)
- Fabry Syndrome/ Sindrome de Fabry (50 patients) : Fabrazyme
- Mucopolysacaridosis / Mucopolisacaridosis (10 patients) : Larodinase
The Venezuelan poet Yolanda Pantin recently quoted the nation’s sentiment :
“If we could count the asking of medicines over social media, it would be a weeping stream”.
Please help us!
The Venezuelan People.
Today: valentina is counting on you
valentina pantin needs your help with “Ambassadors /Charge d’ Affaires to Venezuela of following countries: Mr John Saville (UK), : High cost life-saving medicines for Venezuelans”. Join valentina and 785 supporters today.