Support Calgary Bid for next Amazon Headquarter
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
Welcome to Calgary.
This city is all about community, talent and support. As Calgarians we are famous for our hard work, friendship and being supportive. Our dedication to volunteerism, love of nature and respect for family is famous.
We are signing this petition to thank “Amazon” for considering our city as home for next Amazon headquarter and show our interest and support as a community for the bid.
We believe Calgary is the best option by all means and our request is supported by the facts as follows:
1) Calgary has the population of + 1.2 Million which includes more than 30% immigrant population. The city is very diverse and includes local and international talents from 152 countries. This make our city very welcoming and vibrant.
2) Calgary has very reliable public transit with two LRT lines, well maintained bus network and BRT. New BRT and Green LRT line with more than $ 6 billion investment are under construction which shows our city eagerness on infrastructure investment and development.
3) Being between top five cities to live in the world for several years, Calgary is one of the best cities with respect to facilities for citizens, persons with disabilities and commitment to end homelessness. Calgary is home to Foothill hospital (one of Canada's most recognized medical facilities as well as one of the leading hospitals in Canada, providing advanced healthcare services to over two million people from Calgary, North Western United States, Southern Alberta, Southeastern British Columbia and Southern Saskatchewan), Tom Baker Cancer Centre, Calgary Children’s Hospital, Rockyview Hospital, Peter Lougheed Centre, Repsol Sport Centre, McMahon Stadium, Genesis Centre as well as just to be opened iconic 284,000 Sq. Ft. Rocky Ridge recreation Facility and under construction Calgry Cancer center (estimated $ 1.2 Billion).
4) Calgary has a lot to enjoy. Rather you show up during summer for Stampede (the greatest outdoor show on earth with more than 2500 volunteers), weekend cultural festivals (from Latino to Turkish, Nigerian and Persian to Chinese) or in middle of winter to enjoy greatest winter sports in Canada Olympic Park, or drive down few minutes west to enjoy beautiful Rockies we are in love with community and nature and there is always a lot to do.
5) Calgary is the city of Sun. We are the happiest people with everyday sunshine and our morning coffee and donuts. You will have lots of fun here with us and we are always there for you.
6) Calgary has a great workforce. With amazing growth during last two decades, Calgary has invested and focused on talent and entrepreneurship spirit. You can feel it as you walk in downtown and pass amazing restaurants to choose from. Calgary economic Development center, ATB Entrepreneur center, Startup Calgary, Alberta Women Entrepreneur club and dozens of Meet ups and Toastmaster clubs are part of our effort to make it even better. As you know, Canada is a global leader in female entrepreneurship with Alberta boasting one of the country’s highest rates of innovation-based activity.
7) YYC International Airport has all you need with flights from Far East to all major cities in the world. Just in few steps you get world class highways to connect you to your new home as well as any major city in South, North, East or West.
8) As Calgarians we have selected Naheed Nenshi for last three terms as first Muslim Mayor in a major Western City. Moreover, looking at the list of MLA and MP's from city of Calgary greatly represent our community spirit and unity. We care about each other and it is through hundreds of non for profit organizations, supported by Calgarians for decades. This sense of humor gives us a great pleasure of rising our family with these amazing neighbors.
9) With 30,000 students and more than 170,000 alumni, University of Calgary is a member of the U15 and is one of Canada's top research universities (based on the number of Canada Research Chairs). The university has a sponsored research revenue of $360.5 million, with total revenues exceeding $1.1 billion, which is one of the highest in Canada. More than that, Mount Royal University with +24,000 students and Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SIAT) a leader in technology and trade programs in Canada with +12,000 students, followed by Bow Valley College with 8 campuses in Southern Alberta and several subject base colleges, universities and training centers represent talent volume and workforce opportunity for Amazon in Calgary. Moreover, there are programs and centers like Momentum, CCIS, and Center for New Comers which offer bridge programs for new comers to settle and start their life in Calgary.
10) Last but not list, Calgary industrial zone has a great potential with all investment during last few years on supply chain management and transportation as the Western Canada/US corridor.
Moreover, our commercial and residential industry has a great capacity and is capable of meaningful growth without disturbing bottom lines as it is on a downturn during last few years and the Amazon appearance just brings it to a point it should be and will set up a win-win situation.
Once again, we like to thank you for considering our city for your next headquarter and look forward to help you settle and run it successfully in upcoming years.
Today: Ham is counting on you
Ham Rexa needs your help with “Amazon.com: To choose Calgary as next Amazon Headquarter”. Join Ham and 52 supporters today.