Petitioning all Political Parties to elect the first young President of India
This petition had 81 supporters
So far Indians have only witnessed senior citizens as the President of India. The youngest one has been Shri Neelam Sanjiva Reddy who was over 64 years when he became the President of India. Today, India is the youngest nation in the world with its 50% population below 40 years.
Youth demand a change, they want to see a young person who can represent them at the national level. Such a young President of India will be getting unanimously nominated and elected as the 14th President of India by all the Political Parties.
Young World Leaders who made a difference
There are several young Presidents, Prime Ministers and World leaders who created history by their good work and dynamism:
- Theodore Roosevelt Jr. - The 26th president of United States, was 42 years when first elected president. His presidency ushered in a progressive era for United States.
- Lee Kuan Yew - The first Prime Minister of Singapore, was just 37 years when he first took his office in 1959 and reformed Singapore from a third world to a first world country within a single generation, during his tenure of 30 years.
- John F Kennedy - He was just 43 years when he became the 35th president of United States. He was a staggering force in bringing about several positive reforms in the domain of education, medical and rural upliftment.
- Swami Vivekananda - Arguably one of the best young leaders of India, who stood up for youth and women empowerment, abolishing vices of casteism and represented the image of India in a positive light globally.
- Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, the 11th President of India had an inspiring and revolutionizing plan for the development of India by 2020.
- According to him four key focus areas should be - Education, Information Technology, Agriculture and Infrastructure.
The 14th President of India should be one who can channelize the energies latent in the youth of India and empower them to focus on above key areas as per vision 2020.
Please sign this petition if you believe in India 2020 and to strongly urge all political parties of India to elect a young, non-partisan President, who is committed to inspire the Youth and can give them a participatory role in building a New India of the 21st Century.
Today: NIBIYA is counting on you
NIBIYA needs your help with “All Political Parties of India: Petitioning all Political Parties to elect the first young President of India”. Join NIBIYA and 80 supporters today.