Help hold the Attorney General Child Support Division accountable in Texas

0 have signed. Let’s get to 200!

I have heard far too many Custodial Parents that have the same complaint as I. The Attorney General's office - child support division does not do what is promised per the guidelines set forth in the chapters of the Texas Family Code for child support arrears, specifically chapters relating to enforcement,  rights to a modification every 3 years, wage garnishments (especially when they were given employment information), enforcement orders filed, bench warrants issued, suspension of licenses, IRS refund interception and interest and penalities accrued for arrears. As quoted on the website

Can I be put in jail for not paying child support?
Yes. You may be placed in jail for up to six months for not paying child support. Under Texas law, the reason for placing a noncustodial parent in jail is contempt of court. Contempt of court means you are not following a court order. You may also be fined up to $500 for each violation and have to pay attorney’s fees and court costs.

Do your jobs! 

Today: Desdanie is counting on you

Desdanie ONeal needs your help with “All CP's who are owed arrears in Texas: Help hold the Attorney General Child Support office accountable in Texas”. Join Desdanie and 167 supporters today.