NO ARMED TEACHERS IN MY SCHOOL DISTRICT
0 have signed. Let’s get to 200!
Just two weeks after Nikolas Cruz, 19 year old young adult struggling with his own trauma, walks into Majority Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Fla., and massacres 17 innocent human beings; a communities and parents are now grappling with lawmaker's decision to put guns in the hands of those who teachers and administrators who volunteer for the additional training.
"Florida Senate Appropriations Committee passed a bill named for the school that gives law enforcement more power to seize firearms in cases of threats or potential danger. The committee voted down amendments to ban assault weapons, bump stocks and high capacity magazines -- priorities for Parkland residents and their supporters. The bill advanced hours after the state House Appropriations Committee passed a similar measure." (CNN-Grinberg Park Valencia)
We DO NOT believe the answer for preventing future attacks rest in the arming of more people within the safety of our schools.
- -Teachers, Counselors and Administrators should be provided additional safety training on how to identify and report the WARNING SIGNS and/or Suspicious BEHAVIOR of those permitted on school grounds. (Students, Teachers, Visitors..etc)
- -Mental Health specialist and license Behavioral Intervention Counselors should be readily available at ALL schools to handle reports and self-reported needs from students.
- -Schools should be assigned a percentage number of HIGHLY skilled and trained (to handle ACTIVE shooting) Resource Officers based on the population of the school and the reasonable need for concern. Resource Officers should have direct contact with law enforcement to reduce response time in case of an emergency.
- -Random and routine drills should be implemented to increase students' and teacher/administration response time to alarms should there be an ACTIVE experience.
- -Installing bullet proof glass around both the external and internal windows to secure student and faculty safety.
Should lawmakers IGNORE our demands to NOT ARM TEACHERS and instead provide better mental health and safety response resources; PARENTS WILL BE FORCED (for the safety of their children) to:
-ELECT THOSE REPRESENTATIVE THAT SUPPORT THEIR CHILD'S BEST EDUCATIONAL INTEREST
-POSSIBLY DEMAND THEIR CHILD BE REMOVED FROM A SCHOOL WHERE TEACHERS/ADMINISTRATORS ARE ALLOWED TO CARRY GUNS ( ON THE GROUNDS OF FEAR FOR THE CHILD'S LIFE AND LEARNING EXPERIENCE!!)
This petition will be sent to Miami Dade and Broward Superintendents of Schools as well as School Board Members of both Districts and the Florida Department of Education Commissioner
WE THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR PARTNERSHIP AND ASK THAT YOU SHARE THIS PETITION WITH THOSE AROUND YOU.
WE DO NOT WANT A TEACHER'S GUN TO FALL IN THE HANDS OF THE WRONG PERSON OR TO BE MISUSED.....BUT BY THEN IT WILL BE TOO LATE!!
Today: Terrance is counting on you
Terrance CribbsLorrant needs your help with “Alberto M. Carvalho: NO ARMED TEACHERS IN MY SCHOOL DISTRICT”. Join Terrance and 109 supporters today.