Support the creation of an Eden Area Municipal Advisory Council
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
Over 60,000 people live in the Eden Area, which includes the communities of Ashland, Cherryland, Hayward Acres, and San Lorenzo. This area is part of Unincorporated Alameda County which means we receive all of our services directly from the county. There is no city council, no mayor, no local municipal government to address the issues and concerns of our community.
The residents of Unincorporated Alameda County demand that our communities get the same local representation as other communities. This is why we are asking the Alameda County Board of Supervisors for a Municipal Advisory Council (MAC). Since 1971, California law empowers a MAC to advise its county supervisors on a broad range of issues concerning the unincorporated area. A MAC will:
- Strengthen the voice of residents in identifying and solving neighborhood problems
- Provide input into plans for land use and development in our communities
- Improve Communication between residents , the Board of Supervisors, and Alameda County Agencies
- Encourage the development of local leadership
- Increase resident involvement in civic life
Today: Nestor is counting on you
Nestor Castillo needs your help with “Alameda County Board of Supervisors : Support the creation of an Eden Area Municipal Advisory Council”. Join Nestor and 42 supporters today.