Support the Alameda Shuttle
0 have signed. Let’s get to 1,500!
We join with a coalition of Alameda business and community organizations in requesting the Transportation Demand Management (TDM) Draft Plan being considered for adoption be amended to reflect the desire of city residents to implement a comprehensive shuttle solution as a top priority of the city.
We believe the current TDM Plan falls short of pursuing the wishes of residents as expressed in surveys and workshops leading to the creation on the current document, as an Alameda Shuttle generated the highest positive response of any proposed solution.
Specifically, we support a service that includes the following:
• Frequent service, with 10-minute headways during peak hours; no more than 15-minute headways during most business hours, and 30-minute headways during off-peak hours
• Free-to-the-end-user, as a system without fare boxes removes a significant barrier to ridership and indeed encourages greater use
• Routes that serve schools, parks, senior facilities, business districts large and small, and are within three blocks or less of most Alameda residences
• Clean fuel vehicles, with accommodations for bicycles
• Connections to regional transportation hubs – BART and the ferry terminals – to not only ease congestion at our existing choke points, but also encourage ridership by visitors and those who commute to work to our island.
Today: Greater Alameda Business Association is counting on you
Greater Alameda Business Association needs your help with “Alameda City Council: Support the Alameda Shuttle”. Join Greater Alameda Business Association and 1,038 supporters today.