Call on Petition Recipient Governor Cuomo to VETO A5036-B / S4845-B!
Jun 23, 2017 — Friends of “Clean” adoption reform,
If you are reading this, it’s time to contact petition recipient NY Governor Andrew M. Cuomo to VETO A5036-B / S4845-B, and support S5169-A / A6821-A.
The NY Assembly and Senate passed the unacceptable adoptee discrimination bill which they openly admit is poor legislation (A5036-B / S4845-B). Help us inform Governor Cuomo that this regressive bill must be vetoed. That he can send a historic message, that it’s time, as Bobby Carroll thunders in the video which we share here, for adult adoptees to have unrestricted, equal access to original birth certificates (S5169-A / A6821-A)!
SHARE YOUR STORY! TELL GOVERNOR ANDREW M. CUOMO TO:
1. VETO A5036-B / S4845-B. It is regressive, expensive and unacceptable
2. Support S5169-A / A6821-A. Adoptees deserve equal rights!
GOVERNOR CUOMO HAS SAID:
“Throughout our nation’s history, New York has been the progressive leader that rises to meet the challenges of the day and sets an example for others to follow.”
“This state and nation were founded on principles of fairness, equal justice and equal rights – and it is our duty to ensure that those values ring true for every New Yorker under the law…and we will continue to fight for freedom and equality for all people.”
THESE SUPPORTERS SAY “YES” TO ADOPTEE RIGHTS AND “NO” TO A5036-B / S4845-B!
1. Our prime sponsor: Senator Tony Avella, 718-357-3094
2. Our prime cosponsor: Bobby Carroll! (see video), 718-788-7221
3. Our Senator: Kevin S. Parker (“No” in committee + floor!), 718-629-6401
4. Pending cosponsor: Dean Murray (floor speech!), 631-207-0073
5. Cosponsor: Fred Thiele (bye-bye, A5036-B support!), 631-537-2583
6. Cosponsor: James Skoufis, 845-469-6929
7. Cosponsor: Carrie Woerner, 518-584-5493
8. YOU, 2,800+ strong: We reframed the debate!
Giving up is not part of the equation.
We will fight, here and now, for true adoption reform!
Stay tuned for further updates very soon.
Tim, Doris and Jennifer