Stop the Council from destroying West Park, Lawnswood and Headingley
0 have signed. Let’s get to 1,500!
The Council want to remove:
- Lawnswood roundabout & replace it with a dangerous crossroads
- Your trees & verges on Otley Road, Otley Old Road, the Ring Road
There are no benefits to these plans as the roundabout works well. We do not need to remove a well preserved, lanscaped roundabout. It is far more aesthetically pleasing than the proposed crossroads that will result in a six lane highway.
The Council's proposals will worsen traffic flow through Headingley. It will continue to tailback all the way from Headingley as all the traffic will still funnel into one lane through Headingley.
The proposal will result in:
- Increase in traffic & will have an adverse environmental impact
- Detrimental impact on Health & Asthma concerns
- Increased dangers to pedestrians and cyclists.
This will affect all residents in surrounding areas. And it's costing taxpayers more than £10million!
Today: Adrees is counting on you
Adrees Nazir needs your help with “Adrees Nazir: Stop the Council from destroying West Park, Lawnswood and Headingley”. Join Adrees and 1,204 supporters today.