- Administrator, HUDA, Gurgaon
- Chief SecretaryChief Secretary, Haryana
make public the information regarding sanitation arrangements in Gurgaon
1. The responsibility of getting the roads and streets swept, and garbage collected and disposed of is distributed betweenHUDA and the Municipal Corporation of Gurgaon (MCG) . While the jurisdiction of MCG mainly includes the rural habitations that dot Gurgaon, the rest of Gurgaon falls within the HUDA jurisdiction. MCG has a website that clearly spells out its jurisdiction, HUDA does not. That is, HUDA makes no attempt to inform the citizens of Gurgaon as to which sectors/neighbourhoods fall within its jurisdiction so far as sanitation is concerned.
2. ALL work related to sweeping/cleaning of roads and collection/disposal of garbage has been outsourced by bothHUDA and MCG . In the case of MCG, all information regarding the organisations to which such work has been awarded, as well as a copy of the contract, is available on the website. No such information is available for HUDA.
3. If the contactor does not satisfactorily discharge his duties, and a citizen lodges an online complaint on the MCG website, the contractor is bound by the contract to take remedial action within a stipulated time period, or face a deduction in the amount paid to him. For HUDA, there is no such facility for registering complaints.
4. So, if a citizen wishes that HUDA would take action regarding a particular road/street not having been swept, or gabage not having been removed from a particular spot, he has NO information regarding whom to complain to, and within what period to expect a response.
5. If we want, as conscientious citizens, to get a cleaner Gurgaon, we FIRST have to ensure that all the relevant information is easily available, especially on a website.
- Administrator, HUDA, Gurgaon
- Chief Secretary, Haryana
I've just signed the following petition addressed to: Administrator, HUDA, Gurgaon.
I write as a Gurgaon resident frustrated and disgusted by the utter lack of cleanliness in the city. I wish to help HUDA do a better job of keeping the city clean by getting citizens involved in the monitoring of the sanitation arrangements. However, I am handicapped by the complete lack of information regarding the arrangements that HUDA has made for sweeping of roads & streets and collection & removal of garbage.
While such information in respect of the areas under the jurisdiction of MCG is available in a transparent manner on the MCG website, and there is even an efficient mechanism for registration of complaints and their quick redressal, in the case of HUDA areas, the citizen is left to grope in the dark.
You are therefore requested that all information regarding the arrangements that HUDA has made for sweeping of roads& streets and collection & removal of garbage be QUICKLY and URGENTLY uploaded on the HUDA website.
If no website for HUDA Gurgaon exists, as seems to be the case, I would appreciate the information being uploaded on the MCG website.
1. State the areas/neighbourhoods/sectors/colonies fall within the jurisdiction of HUDA for the purpose of making sanitation arrangements.
2. State the sanitation arrangements that HUDA has made. Please specify the arrangements for cleaning & sweeping of roads and streets, and for collection & removal of garbage.
3. If these arrangements involve HUDA employees, please specify (1) their duties, hours of work (3) supervisory officer for lodging a complaint and his telephone number.
Please provide this information for each area, sector and colony under HUDA’s jurisdiction.
4. If such arrangements involve a private contractor, please (1) provide a copy of the contract (2) name and telephone number of the supervisory officer for lodging a complaint.
Please provide this information for each area,sector and colony under HUDA’s jurisdiction.
5. Please specify the TOTAL amount spent in each of the last 5 years, and the current year, on sweeping/cleaning roads and streets, and collecting/removing garbage.
6. If there is any ongoing initiative for involving citizen monitoring of the sanitation arrangements, please provide details, including telephone numbers and e mail IDs.
Priya VK Singh started this petition with a single signature, and won with 629 supporters. Start a petition to change something you care about.