make public the information regarding sanitation arrangements in Gurgaon
This petition made change with 628 supporters!
1. The responsibility of getting the roads and streets swept, and garbage collected and disposed of is distributed betweenHUDA and the Municipal Corporation of Gurgaon (MCG) . While the jurisdiction of MCG mainly includes the rural habitations that dot Gurgaon, the rest of Gurgaon falls within the HUDA jurisdiction. MCG has a website that clearly spells out its jurisdiction, HUDA does not. That is, HUDA makes no attempt to inform the citizens of Gurgaon as to which sectors/neighbourhoods fall within its jurisdiction so far as sanitation is concerned.
2. ALL work related to sweeping/cleaning of roads and collection/disposal of garbage has been outsourced by bothHUDA and MCG . In the case of MCG, all information regarding the organisations to which such work has been awarded, as well as a copy of the contract, is available on the website. No such information is available for HUDA.
3. If the contactor does not satisfactorily discharge his duties, and a citizen lodges an online complaint on the MCG website, the contractor is bound by the contract to take remedial action within a stipulated time period, or face a deduction in the amount paid to him. For HUDA, there is no such facility for registering complaints.
4. So, if a citizen wishes that HUDA would take action regarding a particular road/street not having been swept, or gabage not having been removed from a particular spot, he has NO information regarding whom to complain to, and within what period to expect a response.
5. If we want, as conscientious citizens, to get a cleaner Gurgaon, we FIRST have to ensure that all the relevant information is easily available, especially on a website.
Today: Priya is counting on you
Priya VK Singh needs your help with “Administrator, HUDA, Gurgaon: make public the information regarding sanitation arrangements in Gurgaon”. Join Priya and 627 supporters today.