Access Creative to cut ties with and stop encouraging students to audition for X Factor
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
In the wake of allegations of exploitative contracts, gag orders and fame without fortune, the college Access Creative (which has students as young as 16) thinks it is appropriate to host X Factor auditions on site.
X Factor was created by Simon Cowell and is also produced by Syco entertainment (which was established by Simon Cowell). Syco also produce Britains Got Talent and America's Got Talent. There have been allegations of very unfair contracts from BGT and AGT, as well as X Factor.
Why is there not a lot of media on this topic?
One whistleblower sums it up perfectly:
"Compared to other TV show contracts, the scale and sheer number of the confidentiality clauses is highly unusual." - The Mirror
Simply put, it is alleged that it is impossible for contestants who have signed the contract to publicly speak about their experiences with Syco, unless they want to be sued.
What's so bad about the alleged X Factor contract?
- contestants recieve only 15 per cent of the money from their own single and album sales.
- Headlining a tour gives only 7.5 per cent of show profits
- A feeble 15 per cent cut of your own merchandise sales.
- No freedom to speak out about your experience
- No freedom to even update your own facebook without Simon Cowell's approval
What action do we want Access Creative to take?
- Stop hosting X Factor auditions onsite, or auditions for any entertainment show (that exists presently or in the future) affiliated with or produced by the entertainment company Syco Entertainment.
- Make more effort to educate Music Performance and Vocal Artist students on the danger of exploitative contracts in the music industry
- Support students to find work opportunities that offer fair and reasonable rates of pay
Sources and further reading
Today: Eva is counting on you
Eva Rose needs your help with “Access Creative: Access Creative to cut ties with and stop encouraging students to audition for X Factor”. Join Eva and 71 supporters today.