Advocating for an online complaint portal for National Commission for Scheduled Castes
This petition made change with 23,766 supporters!
Shri. Vijay Sampla,
Chairman, National Commission for Scheduled Castes (NCSC),
New Delhi, India
Sub: Advocating for an online complaint portal for National Commission for Schedule Castes
This is our kind request to you to take an initiative immediately to set up a credible, transparent and an active digital complaint online portal for National Commission for Scheduled Castes (NCSC) which will be accessible to make complaints against the atrocities done against Dalits. SIGN MY PETITION
1. There is no comprehensive online digital portal available at NCSC which is transparent and accountable enough to handle complaints about the violence, injustice and other atrocities done against the Dalits nationwide.
2. If any SC / Dalit victims wants to make a complaint about the injustice done to them they have to complaint to NCSC through the Gmail address provided in the NCSC Web Portal . Gmail ID mentioned in the website is: email@example.com
It is quite astonishing that NCSC that has been setup constitutionally for addressing the problems faced by SCs/Dalits, to advise and guide them for their welfare, has no online complaint portal.
To receive complaints why NCSC is using gmail firstname.lastname@example.org and why not a comprehensive online complaint portal?
Instead of using a gmail ID email@example.com to receive the complaints why not use domains like nic.in or gov.in which indicate that it is a governmental institution.
When Central Government is endorsing #DigitalIndia movements across all Government Institutions why NCSC is exempted from this initiatives.
Thanks for one and all for your support, as we together could influence the decision makers to make a decision and change the e-mail domain.
However, we have another major goal to go on which is to get a full fledged and fully functional online complaint portal which is transparent and accountable.
3. Although we have a trustworthy e-mail domain (gov.in) suggesting it is a governmental entity, we still have certain limitations in receiving and processing the complaints.
For example If NCSC acknowledged the receipt of the complaint and be able to provide the Grievance ID pertaining to the complaint, it is quite difficult to track the complaint status using e-mail.
4. Victims lack information regarding the action that is being taken or already taken for the complaint they have sent to the email provided by NCSC. Through this it is evident that there is no transparency towards the complaints being placed by the victims, that they are unable to know the status of the complaint and which governmental institutional or which concerned officer is dealing with the complaint.
5. With the use of the email ID provided by NCSC the complainant are/will be unaware of the measures if NCSC is taking towards addressing their complaints.
There are few major loopholes if NCSC decides to continue with the email ID:
* There is no possibility of withdrawing any complaint or making changes or providing additional information, evidences to the complaint if the complainant wants to do so.
* The existing system completely fails in case NCSC wants more information regarding the filed complaint or needs to get some feedback from the complainant regarding the issue.
* Status of the complaint remains unknown to the complainant, if NCSC is taking some measures they are hidden from the complainant.
6. Restore - NCSC Complaint Management Information System (NCSC-CMIS)
Earlier NCSC had an online Complaint Monitoring Information System (NCSC-CMIS) ( www.ncsccmis.nic.in/NCSCCMIS ), which was used to register complaints and track, monitor the status of the complaints registered. If someone tries to access the above link the error message shows as follows : Server Error 404 - File or directory not found.
Glimpses of the NCSC Complaint Management Information System (NCSC-CMIS) can be found in the below web.archive.org links.
Through this petition We request the decision makers to restore the NCSC Complaint Management Information System (NCSC-CMIS) at the earliest.
7. Due to lack of proper complaint system in NCSC that is transparent and accountable, complainants may not be able to trust that they can get justice.
If any victim wants to file a complaint at NCSC State offices they have to travel to the state offices from their place / village / town. Imagine the plight of the victim to travel to the state office and to meet the concerned officers regarding their complaint.
Due to non availability of online complaint portal It scuttles and restrict the access to justice, which amounts to denial of justice to the victims.
We hereby question the NCSC vide RTI act that why the Chair has not taken proper measures to instil a digital comprehensive online complaint portal which is both transparent and accountable, if previously there was any such system we would like to question the reason for removing it.
Note: Once the RTI data requested vide Reg.No: NCFSC/ R/E/20/00325 is received from NCSC the petition will be updated.
Sign my petition and together let us ask the Hon'ble Chairman, National Commission for Schedule Castes to set up an online complaint portal.
Together, we can make a difference by signing this petition to ensure that National Commission for Scheduled Castes will take an initiative to setup an online complaint portal at the earliest.
Today: Pradeep is counting on you
Pradeep Kumar needs your help with “A young Dalit man was beaten to death in Andhra Pradesh & there has been no response from @TCGEHLOT! Ask the govt for fully functional digital online complaint portal for @NCSC_GoI @vijaysamplabjp”. Join Pradeep and 23,765 supporters today.