A Practical review of an often-overlooked disease. Abdominal and Pelvic Adhesions and ARD

A Practical review of an often-overlooked disease. Abdominal and Pelvic Adhesions and ARD

0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!
At 500 signatures, this petition is more likely to be featured in recommendations!
Yardeh Dobyne started this petition to Governor Brian Kemp and

Any Woman in the United States who is suffering from Chronic Abdominal Adhesions deserves the same preventative treatment to which other women have access and the support system that we need.  Women across the United States are suffering in silence and are dying from complications resulting from Adhesions Related Disorder (ARD).

Chronic Abdominal Adhesions have been ignored and can lead to a very complex set of problems called Adhesions Related Disorder (ARD).  Adhesions can cause significant morbidity, including small bowel obstruction, kink, twist, pull, female infertility, and can compress other organs resulting in them sticking together. They can cause severe abdominal and pelvic pain, nausea, vomiting, bloating, the inability to pass gas, and severe constipation. There is NO treatment and NO cure for Abdominal Adhesions because more surgery increases the risk of more adhesions. As the National Institute of Health has stated, “Laparoscopic surgery minimizes tissue handling and necessitates smaller abdominal incisions, both of which reduce bowel adhesions.”  However, this does not guarantee the prevention of adhesions, and longer surgery time and higher insufflation pressure can increase the risk of adhesions.

Approximately 75% of all patients presenting with symptoms related to adhesive disease have a history of prior abdominal surgery. The remaining 25% have intra-abdominal or pelvic inflammatory processes.  In some cases, abdominal adhesions take over the abdomen and cause all organs to become frozen and cemented. When suffering from this horrible disease and adhesion related disorder, the worst thing one can hear from their doctor is that there is nothing more that can be done for you because your abdomen has become inoperable.

Chronic abdominal pelvic adhesion and Adhesion Related Disorder (ARD) is a health condition that causes excruciating pain, and it is a devastating life-limiting Disease. Multiple surgeries add a higher risk of adhesions. There should be equal treatment for all chronic abdominal adhesions and adhesion related disorder (ARD) patients with chronic pain. And they should not be treated as narcotic med seekers. Some suffering from this disorder arrived at the stage of a frozen and cemented abdomen. Failure on the part of doctors to warn their patients during the consenting process of all the possible complications that can arise simply from having surgery for one thing or another.  One significant difficulty that can arise is a small bowel obstruction (SBO) after surgery that can be due to adhesions.  The same risks can also be associated with a hysterectomy. According to data from the American College of Surgeons National Surgical Quality Improvement Program, patients who developed SBO were more likely to be nonwhite and have a prior history of abdominal or pelvic surgery.

Chronic Abdominal Pelvic Adhesions and Adhesion Related Disorder (ARD) patients, such as I, suffer each day with CHRONIC PAIN. And this is an inhuman way to live. Especially when one cannot take any pain medicine, due to the side effect of constipation, you suffer in agony pain. Something must be done. We need HELP NOW, please. Some of us have exhausted all options. I am pleading with everyone to please read, sign, and share. You have the POWER to stand with us for EQUAL TREATMENT.

Therefore, I, and many others who suffer from this disease, need your help. Please stand with us as we advocate lawmakers that anyone diagnosed with Chronic Abdominal Adhesions and Adhesions Related Disorder (ARD) should receive the same medical attention and relief as a person diagnosed with any other chronic illness would receive. We can NO longer suffer in SILENCE or sit and wait until a full bowel obstruction occurs, and another life is lost. Lawmakers must act now to recognize that patients with chronic abdominal adhesions and adhesion related disorder (ARD) We want equal treatment.  Please join our families, friends, and caregivers and sign this petition.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK470544/

0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!
At 500 signatures, this petition is more likely to be featured in recommendations!