85 Million Jobless Indians by 2020 .Fix Education
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
85 Million Indians will be Jobless in 2020 as per Mckinsey Global Institute report 2017.
1.Most School teachers get paid very less. Teaching is not credit worthy job.
2.Schools teach obsolete things in obsolete ways. Implementation of Smart Schools has only increased the burden on parents.
3. There is no focus on imparting Life Skills in Indian Schools, Teachers don't have any idea about the real business world challenges.
4. No professionals can teach at school and Interestingly no teacher is hired for training by corporates ,as they lack the required skill.
5. Small firms who want to make a difference are not allowed to work with school under the guidelines by CBSE, however schools keep selling books,uniforms etc for commission.
6. Most Schools have computer labs now,but a quick check will tell you they are obsolete and teaching Paint and Ms Word to students !
7. Internet connectivity is poor in schools.
2.India has failed to produce world class universities like Harvard and Cambridge. According to the London Times Higher Education (2009)- Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) World University rankings, no Indian university features among the first 100. But universities in East Asia have been included in the first hundred. Hong Kong has three, ranked at 24, 35 and 46; Singapore two ranked at 30 and 73; South Korea two ranked at 47 and 69 and Taiwan one in the 95th position. Notably, China's Tsinghua University and Peking University are ranked at 49 and 52 respectively. There is no Indian university in the rankings from 100 to 200. It is only when one moves on to the next 100 that we find the Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur at 237; IIT Madras at 284 , Delhi University is at 291 rank !
Solution: Education must promote entrepreneurship, Innovation and Risk taking ability. Let professionals carry on the task of imparting skills. Business needs skills not rote solutions, Education is based on "How quickly you solve the numerical or problems" we are focusing on wrong metric here.
Digital India means we must educate young students how they can use technology to detect real life problems and find solutions , grading should be based on actual real work through live projects, portfolios etc.
Free Internet should be mandatory for schools by telecom operators.
CSR Initiatives by even top firms in India is restricted to giving food, books etc this will never help our students.
Teachers salary must be increased to a respectable level.
Teachers must get subsidised products from Military canteen.
Our focus must shift towards Disruptive learning.
Petition By "ThinkStudioIndia", an Ed- Tech Firm from UK (India)
Today: Shiv Shakti Sewa Samiti, Haridwar is counting on you
Shiv Shakti Sewa Samiti, Haridwar needs your help with “85 Million Jobless in 2020 To, Minstry of Human Resource and Development”. Join Shiv Shakti Sewa Samiti, Haridwar and 41 supporters today.