Plant deciduous trees

Plant deciduous trees

0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
At 100 signatures, this petition is more likely to be featured in recommendations!
Laura Cosgrove started this petition to Richard Bruton (Minister for Communications, Climate Action nd Environment)

The Irish Government propose to plant 440 million trees by 2040. In theory this sounds like a brilliant idea until you find out that only 30 percent of these trees will be deciduous trees. The other 70 percent are to be conifers. Monoculture Sika spruce plantations are terrible for biodiversity and are heavily sprayed with toxic chemicals, polluting rivers and poisoning the earth. Ireland declared a climate and biodiversity emergency.....70 percent spruce trees won't help biodiversity. Stop the greenwash and plant native deciduous trees.

 

0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
At 100 signatures, this petition is more likely to be featured in recommendations!