要求张念群副教育部长为爪夷书法课程负责并辞职 We demand Deputy Education Minister to Resign
This petition had 97 supporters
Retract inclusion of Jawi calligraphy into the SJK syllabus
We demand Malaysia's Ministry of Education (MOE) to retract the inclusion of Jawi calligraphy in the Primary Vernacular School (SJK) BM syllabus, forcing children to learn Jawi.
This petition is in response to MOE's latest statement that insist to implement Jawi calligraphy even though strong objection from various parties were voiced out.
1. We request Deputy Education Minister, Teo Nie Ching, to resign as she failed to uphold the rights and interest of the SJK community!
2. STOP and RETRACT any plans to introduce Jawi calligraphy in Vernacular School immediately. There is no necessity to continue its implementation decided by the BN administration in 2016 as it is causing anxiety among the rakyat!
3. Make the learning of Jawi optional, we cannot agree to its introduction as a compulsory subjects!
4. Stop burdening our children with unnecessary input!
5. There are tons of serious education reform required urgently, stop wasting time on unnecessary items like Jawi and Black shoes!
The introduction of Jawi calligraphy in SJK is controversial, MOE should engage with all stakeholders to reach a consensus before making any decision again on this issue, to minimize conflict among different communities, and to improve our existing multi-stream education system.
Today: YS is counting on you
YS Leong needs your help with “要求张念群副教育部长为爪夷书法课程负责并辞职 We demand Deputy Education Minister to Resign”. Join YS and 96 supporters today.