แคมเปญรณรงค์นี้ได้รับผู้สนับสนุนจำนวน 85 คน
“Improving quality of life base on pedestrian level.” one said.
“To improve quality of life is that we proved quality of facilities for them and they will improve themselves.” one answered.
According to urbanization in Bangkok, the urban development was focusing on company and automobile usage rather than user experience. Urbanization was not giving an important role for pedestrian which effect the pedestrian in term of living. the pedestrian was discouraging to use the walk way which is an affect from the wrong focusing on the automobile development. So we should refocus the development into the correct way which are the pedestrian perspective. We are focusing on pedestrian perspective because the people who was the one that living or using the area are pedestrian. Later in the essay we will be depicting the problems in the specific places. It’s our job, to find a flexible solution to fit into any part of the city.
From the analysis base on our case study, we learned that offering pocket park in good proportioned distance would encourage a more visual quality for pedestrian as for the example taken from the Singaporean green space management. secondly public transportation must be provided in good quality and accessibility by minority. Lastly the limitation of carbon dioxide emitting to environment because of good road management reduces traffic jams. So these basic ideas are providing base on improvement of pedestrian living development.
To refocusing ideas of developing urban planning, we concern about what are factors that would affect pedestrian living such as
- Green area (Plants, grasses, pocket park)
- Public area (Empty space, courtyard, smoking area)
- Living area (Rental room, house, private space)
- Transportation (Bus, BTS, taxi, private car, motorcycle)
- Public facilities (public utility, bus stop, parking area, restaurant)
- Public hospitality (cinema, department store, pub)
- Natural factor (Natural light, Ventilation)
- Pollution (Junk, CO2, noise, odor)
To bring those factors of development into reality we must carefully concern about site context which is changing relating on each site location and those factors would work in changing proportionally according to the site context like a bubble diagram get bigger and smaller.
Each person would use this template differently according to their own basic knowledge and how deep analysis that would work on into details.
Example site observation
- Mostly commercialize building and business hub with no public space
- Less air ventilation
- Tourist attraction in term of shopping destination and food center produces of wastes and more traffics
- Green area
o In order to provide visual comfort to user experience, adding and offering more portions of pocket park can increase and encourage more pedestrian to walk instead of using a vehicle.
- Public area
o Encouraging commercial building to dedicate their ground floor as a public plaza
- Living area
o Renovation of existing chophouses to serve residential purpose to reach its full potential of the building.
o Taxi must be prohibited from parking for passenger, encourage call in taxi service.
o Prohibit private vehicle to entrance into district by using public transportation.
- Public facilities
o Public toilet merge with public plaza under commercial building public space.
o Revise bicycle lane into street vendors and enlarge pedestrian walk way.
- Public hospitality
o Good and clean meeting point and café under commercial building
- Natural factor
o Ground of commercial building must be open or semi open space.
o Encourage a systemize infrastructure of waste management and keep study record of the pollution statistic.
Pros and Cons
- Strengthen the community in the Silom district such as the heritage shop houses, ig they could arrange their own exhibition by using those pocket park spaces.
- The know the statistic and set up goal reduce number of pollution every year.
- To give a sense of natural factor back to the urban lifestyle.
- Reduce carbon dioxide and pollution also heat island effects.
- To reclaim the interaction between people and people.
- To increase micro economy along the community and gain job opportunity.
- Pocket park can lead to petty claim such as burglar or and be use as drugs dealer place.
- Pocket park each block can create moisture that effect building structure.
- Unable to control the street vendors in the future incase if they merge into the pedestrian path in the future
Papas Kuasirikul อยากให้คุณช่วยสนับสนุนแคมเปญ«ประชาชน : การจัดสรรพื้นที่เพื่อทางเท้าที่สร้างสรรค์บนถนนสีลม» คุณสามารถร่วมกับ Papas และผู้สนับสนุนคนอื่นๆ อีก 84 คน ได้แล้วตอนนี้เลย