S.P.A.R.E. is a non-profit charity organization Founded by Amina Abaza and Raouf Mishriky in 2001.
S.P.A.R.E. is an affiliated member of WSPA (World Society for the Protection of Animals).
Amina Abaza is ambassador of Egypt for World Animal Day
The Five Freedoms for Animals are at the heart of our organization:
1. Freedom from Hunger and Thirst - by ready access to fresh water and a diet to maintain full health and vigour.
2. Freedom from Discomfort - by providing an appropriate environment including shelter and a comfortable resting area.
3. Freedom from Pain, Injury or Disease - by prevention or rapid diagnosis and treatment.
4. Freedom to Express Normal Behaviour - by providing sufficient space, proper facilities and company of the animal's own kind.
5. Freedom from Fear and Distress - by ensuring conditions and treatment which avoid mental suffering.
> To rescue, treat and shelter abused and wounded animals.
> To maintain the highest standards of health and care for the animals at our shelter.
> To educate the Egyptian public about animal welfare by penetrating all levels of Egyptian society.
> To draft strong animal rights laws, and to introduce them into the Egyptian Legislation.
> To purchase the land on which the S.P.A.R.E. Shelter and Clinic are located, to ensure that there will always be a haven for wounded and abused animals long into the future.
> To instill compassion for all living creatures in Egyptians.
> To ensure that all animals have rights.
Milestones to Our Vision
> Media: Working with the media at every opportunity to create awareness about animal welfare.
> Documentary: We hope to make a documentary about how cruel modern day Egyptians are to animals, and to compare this with the treatment of animals during Pharaonic civilization 7000 years ago, when animals were gods and Egypt was one of the most civilized countries in the world.
> Magazine: In the future we intend to publish a monthly magazine about animals to educate pet owners and teach them how to care for their pets.
2. Community Service
> Continuing to help other animal organization in Egypt
> Continuing to help the Egyptian community with their ailing animals
3. Animal Rights Laws
> Creating and introducing animal rights laws to the Egyptian Penal Code
> Continuing to rescue all animals in need
> Continuing to improve conditions at the Giza Zoo
> Closing pet shops that treat animals cruelly
> Closing the circus and private zoos