Don't have an account? Sign up
The Citizen's for Santa Teresa Village Shopping center is petitioning Raley's to give up their lease at our local shopping center and return full control to ROIC (Retail Opportunity Investments Corporation) for the following reasons;
1. We agree with Raley's comment of taking full responsibility of neglecting their responsibility by allowing hundreds of rats inhabit the vacant Nob Hill space.
2. Raley's has requested ROIC to never lease the space to a grocery store before they would consider giving up the lease.
3. Approximately 130 community members in the September 28th meeting unanimously stated to Raley's that their request NOT to have a grocery store is NOT acceptable.
4. After careful consideration the community has decided not to support Raley's Express concept in the Santa Teresa Village shopping center.
5. We are asking Raley's labeled as "Family of Fine Stores" to support our families by allowing a full size grocery store in Santa Teresa Village.
Click San Jose Mercury News story for more details: http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/08/22/san-jose-retailers-hold-community-hostage-by-keeping-leases-on-empty-buildings/
If Raley's continues to ignore the community's concerns we will do everything possible to work with our city council member to restrict such blight from San Jose neighborhoods.