POLITICS: More than 1,000 petitions started after BrexitJul 1, 2016
It’s been just over a week since the UK voted to leave the European Union. Since then, hundreds of thousands of people have been using Change.org to campaign for the things they want to see our politicians do next, starting over 1,000 petitions about the referendum.
- More than 20,000 have backed Lucy’s campaign, calling on the government to invoke Article 50 – the official legal process for the UK to leave the EU. It’s a subject that’s led to dozens of other petitions started on the same issue.
- Esmat’s petition is speaking out against a rise in racism since Brexit. Many of her friends have been victims of abuse and she’s calling on the Home Office to ‘condemn’ it and to address it. Her campaign has grabbed the attention of the media, she’s been interviewed on the BBC and has over 60,000 supporters backing her cause.
- John believes that UKIP leader Nigel Farage should be involved in Brussels negotiations as part of UK’s departure saying it would be a ‘vindictive political act’ to exclude him. Over 54,000 signers are backing his call.
- Josh is calling for an independent watchdog to monitor and regulate political advertising as he says both Leave and Remain were misleading in their election campaigns. Josh has joined forces with others who have started similar petitions to build momentum for change together.
- Kenny feels he and his friends didn’t have enough information about the referendum and wants to see political education in schools so young people can make informed decision. His campaign has kicked off an important conversation among his signers and young people – the voters of the future.
Over the coming weeks, the UK’s future will be shaped by people like you. So join one of the hundreds of campaigns about the EU referendum taking off on Change.org and have your say here.
For more information email the press office, email@example.com.