We, the undersigned, respectfully support One World Conservation in calling for the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Animal Welfare Eastern Division to revoke the license registered to Claws ‘n’ Paws Wild Animal Park Inc., license number 23-C-0013, located at 1475 Ledgedale Rd., Lake Ariel, PA, 18436, in Wayne County. Our request is based on the following:
1. Claws 'n' Paws has repeatedly been cited for failure to meet the standards set by the Animal Welfare Act (AWA).
2. From August 10, 2004, to the present, Claws 'n' Paws has been cited for 52 violations of the AWA.
3. One of the warning violations, from 2009, was for the escape of two coyotes.
4. One direct violation, meaning the animal's life is at stake, from 2011, was for lack of veterinary care.
5. For the year and a half that One World Conservation has been observing the facility, there have been 14 citations.
6. In a seven year period, there have been a total of 12 citations for failure to provide adequate vet care.
7. Many citations are repeats that have failed to be addressed.
8. In 2011, the facility failed to provide a male tiger cub with veterinary care and failed to give the cub inoculations, as required by law, both for his own safety and that of the public.
Given the history of this facility, it is our belief that Claws 'n' Paws is a repeat offender, does not meet the needs of the species in its care (primarily in regards to a lack of structural integrity of the habitats and a lack of proper veterinary care). They have shown blatant disregard for the AWA and will continue to violate it, as long as they carry a USDA license.