- A renovation estimate from PPS is due tomorrow.
- However, the requirements of the Board resolution for the estimate have not been met.
- Specifically, Board members were to be provided with specifications and instructions for the estimate in advance of the estimate being done, so that any issues could be resolved before a figure was released.
- Despite numerous requests by Board members, specifications have not been provided.
- It is possible, then, that the estimate may include nonessential items like air conditioning, and that where there are various options for resolving an issue a more expensive option may have been chosen. For example, the 2004 capital budget for ventilation upgrades was $1.35M; a later estimate for a different approach was $2.99M; but if the unprecedented approach of taking down all corridor walls is chosen the cost could be increased by $10M or more. Continues...