Where are we today?
It's now Aug 1, and since handing in the submission here's a snapshot what has happened:
- Working with New Brighton Businessmen Assoc who are supporting our efforts.
- Formed a group called New Brighton Waterpark Project. Non-partisan NB residents active in generating vibrant future for the East.
- Now, more people know what we are talking about when we say- WATERPARK. It's not just a 'recreational facility' or a 'community swimming pool'. It’s a seaside masterpiece, a destination, a valuable service to our local area. We are all of this- fun, friendly, affordable and viable.
The good news:
• we have been considered, included and are now a contender in the councils master plan
• support for this plan is growing at council level
• we have the financial data that supports what we are planning
Once elections are over we can start getting some real answers. See http://www.newbrightonwaterpark.co.nz for full article
Remember- it’s not over until we're swimming in it!