The most important capabilities for the role are:
- Team Leadership & Management: Exceptional ability to build and grow high capability product teams, with demonstrated success hiring, coaching, developing and enabling a team of 10+ product managers in a B2C business, ideally in a distributed team environment (we currently have product/eng offices in 3 cities, including one in Europe).
- Product Strategy & Judgment: Keen insight into and demonstrated success with the strategy and tactics that drive comparable consumer tech properties to succeed, particularly in one or more of the following categories: marketplaces, content/media platforms, sites with high viral/social distribution, social networks.
- Product Execution: Demonstrated excellence in every stage of the product cycle - product planning, customer discovery, product discovery, product development, analysis and learning as demonstrated through building and shipping multiple consumer web products with clear success and impact.
- Outcome oriented, driven, impatient: thrive in fast paced, ambiguous environments. Drives for results, highly iterative, always impatient to be delivering bigger results with more effective, faster work.
Additional capabilities we’ll consider:
- Communications: Strong written and verbal communicator, expert at influencing cross functionally and cross-culturally, including across a distributed workforce (Change.org has 3 prod/dev offices (1 SF, 1 Canada, 1 France) and teams of campaigners supporting petitions on the site in 18 countries.
- Growth: held a growth role or overseen a growth team.
- Design / UX: background in design, UX or managed a design team.
- Data: Superior analytical skills (quant and qual), and/or experience using ML/AI at scale.
- Social change: actively engaged in social change work in some way; as a part of an advocacy/campaigning organization, a political campaign, a civic tech start up, or similar.
- In the circumstance that a candidate is exceptionally strong in some of the above disciplines, there’s potential for taking on responsibility for additional teams/functions.
Change.org is the fastest growing social change organization in the world, empowering more than 200 million people to create change in their communities.
We are building a world-class team of technologists and creatives along with the most accomplished team of social movement creators in the world.
Plenty of vacation