- Provide general support and guidance to our staff
- Guide staff throughout their time at Change.org, providing support through transitions, with personal and professional wellness and in guiding staff through the Employee lifecycle, navigating internal processes, the use of systems and in accessing information.
- Provide a space for staff to discuss any questions or concerns they have and assist staff by providing advice, and if appropriate, support with the escalation of questions and concerns through management or People team structures.
- Support managers with requests they have and how they support and manage their teams.
- Partner with other Operations teams (IT, Finance, etc) on how we provide a positive and coordinated working environment and employee experience for our staff.
- Provide updates to policy and procedures taking into account local cultural and compliance requirements alongside our global culture and company values.
- Support a range of cultural activities across our teams to help foster a sense of community.
- Maintaining the accuracy of our data systems including HRIS, payroll systems document repositories.
- Onboarding process and our employee Onboarding program.
- Employment frameworks in each country we operate, helping to understand and deliver compliance and best practice employment.
- Payroll and benefits administration, including proactive and reactive problems solving and supporting staff queries and in accessing benefits.
- Manage time off policies, vacation/PTO, sickness, public holidays and other types of employee time off leave.
- Coordinating the work of external vendors in delivering services to our Employees.
The most important capabilities for the role are:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, in particular the ability to interpret, distil, and convey information in a compelling manner across a diverse set of audiences, internally and externally. This includes a high level of English language skill for team members located outside primarily English language locations.
- Strong understanding when handling sensitive information, including personal details in line with privacy best practices, including GDPR.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to accurately manage and process data, including a comfort with spreadsheets and databases, overseeing record keeping and the management of information.
- Notable emotional intelligence, in particular ability to establish strong and trusting relationships with a wide diversity of people.
- Strategic thinking, in particular the ability to break complex problems down into component parts. The ability to lead on and enjoy both strategic and tactical work is key.
- Project management skills and the ability to influence and collaborate across all levels of the organization.
Key Experience for this role:
- HR Administration - experience with a broad range of human resources administration covering record keeping, management of contracts and employment documentation, running payroll and supporting the full employee lifecycle.
- Pan European Payroll - a familiarity with payroll systems in one or more countries across Europe will be advantageous in this role.
- Pan European Employment - a familiarity with employment rules and regulations in one or more countries across Europe will be advantageous in this role.
Change.org is the fastest growing social change organization in the world, empowering more than 200 million people to create change in their communities.
We are building a world-class team of technologists and creatives along with the most accomplished team of social movement creators in the world.
Plenty of vacation