Animal Protection Campaign and Membership Contractor
- San Francisco, CA or New York, New York or Washington, DC
Here’s what you’ll do as part of our team:
- Filter and identify compelling petitions on Change.org, and work with petition starters to optimize their petition text, develop strategies around waging their campaign, and work to feature these petitions to Change.org users who care about animals issues
- Collaborate on tactics to cultivate prospective members who are passionate about animals issues and animals campaigns; help with acquisition and retention efforts to drive membership under the animals vertical
- Work closely with other marketing experts on the North American team to tell the stories of animals campaigns and of petition starters who start animals campaigns on Change.org
- Advise organizations on best practices for maximum exposure and impact using Change.org's platform
- Stay up to date on corporate news, politics, and pop culture to identify opportunities to engage the public in rapid response campaigns
And here are some things that describe you, as well as the skills and experience we hope you have:
- Strong organization and task management skills, with an ability to follow directions from coworkers without heavy oversight, and to keep track of various tasks that are delegated
- Knowledge and familiarity about animal protection issues including factory farming, wildlife, animal experimentation, and companion animals
- Previous experience in grassroots organizing or social activism
- Experience using social media and digital tools to bolster public engagement and reach broad audiences
- Some experience in online fundraising or building online membership programs is desirable
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Ability to work remotely -- you will need to be comfortable speaking to petition starters via phone, on video calls, and working with colleagues on video conferences, chat platforms, etc.
- You are based in San Francisco, New York City, or Washington, DC.
Change.org is the fastest growing social change organization in the world, empowering more than 50 million people to create change in their communities.
We are building a world-class team of technologists and creatives along with the most accomplished team of social movement creators in the world.
5 weeks vacation
Free language training