Key responsibilities and outcomes:
- Support on-demand requests from Foundation country teams
- Feature delivery - work with different technologies, languages and frameworks in all layers of the web stack, from front-end to back-end to infrastructure as code
- Integrate our global Payment Platform with local payment gateways to address local markets
- Build a global and seamless user experience for all countries
- Ensure availability and reliability of our services in production
- Work in an agile development environment (Kanban, iterative development, short release cycles)
- Drive best engineering practices
- Contribute to the vision and long-term strategy
- Code, Test, Review, Deploy!
- 4-5 years of relevant engineering experience
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal in English are a must
- Able to collaborate productively across time zone differences
- Experience in leading, designing and building scalable and distributed systems
- Confident and self-sufficient with different technologies, languages and frameworks in all layers of the webstack, from frontend to backend to database including React, Node.JS, Ruby/Rails, Elixir, PHP & AWS
- Knowledge of Payment gateways such as Stripe, Braintree & Paypal
- Experience with Agile methodologies and fast development cycles
Nice to haves, experience with:
- Containers (Docker, Kubernetes)
Change.org is the fastest growing social change organization in the world, empowering more than 200 million people to create change in their communities.
We are building a world-class team of technologists and creatives along with the most accomplished team of social movement creators in the world.
Plenty of vacation