Director of Business Development - SF, DC, or NY
- Business Development
- North America - United States
Change.org is the world’s largest petition platform, empowering more than 75 million users to win incredible and inspiring victories on the issues they care about. We’re an innovative business – a certified “B Corp” – combining the structure of a business with a powerful sense of mission that drives our work. Over 25 million users have signed winning petitions, including strengthening hate crimes legislation in South Africa; fighting corruption in Indonesia, Italy, and Brazil; ending the ban on gay Boy Scouts, and big wins for women’s rights in India. And we’re just getting started. We love serving our incredible users, and we love our staff too. We show it with very competitive salaries, five weeks of vacation, robust maternity and parental leave, an amazing culture, free language training (if you want it), and a high impact, low-ego team that can’t wait to learn from you and teach you what they know.
Here's what you'll do as part of our team:
- Identify and initiate relationships with hundreds of leading nonprofits and brands and help them identify how to best use the Change.org platform to promote their issue campaign
- Sell Change.org’s list-building services to industry leading organizations across the country
- Establish relationships with leading consulting, fundraising, and digital marketing firms
- Represent Change.org at conferences, networking events, and other potential lead generation opportunities
And here are the skills & experience we hope you have:
- Candidates should have 5-7 years experience in at least one of the following: charity consulting, sales, business development, or marketing.
Change.org is an exceptionally agile and collaborative work environment. Your co-workers are high-impact, low-ego, and have a deep respect for our users. The position may be held in any of Change.org’s US offices, including D.C., New York and San Francisco. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed. We are working for a world where no one is powerless, and where creating change is a part of everyday life. We're just getting started, and we hope you'll join us.
Change.org is the fastest growing social change organization in the world, empowering more than 50 million people to create change in their communities.
We are building a world-class team of technologists and creatives along with the most accomplished team of social movement creators in the world.
5 weeks vacation
Free language training