As a member of our team, you will:
- Assist with monthly, quarterly, and year-end accounting close activities, calendar and deliverables, including preparation and review of journal entries, reconciliations, and flux variance analysis.
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with GAAP.
- Maintain company credit card program to ensure compliance with company policy and timely reporting.
- Review all vendor bills to ensure proper GL and department coding in Bill.com
- Prepare and execute weekly payments for invoices and expense reports, wire transfers and ACH to ensure timely payments.
- Assist with customer billings and AR collections.
- Oversee Accounts Receivable aging reporting and ensuring accurate execution of customer billing, invoicing and credits.
- Execute and maintain process documentation, and process improvements implementation.
- Assist with annual audit and process control testing..
- Identify opportunities for process efficiencies and implement enhancements that will ultimately improve the overall efficiency of the Accounting process and procedures.
- Provide timely and accurate accounting information to customers on an ad hoc basis and other projects as directed by the Head of Accounting.
This describes you:
- 2-3 years of hands-on accounting experience with strong knowledge of GAAP.
- BS in Accounting/Finance or equivalent required; CPA, CMA, MS degree a strong plus.
- Must possess hands-on functional expertise including working knowledge of enterprise-level accounting solutions such as NetSuite (preferred), Oracle or SAP.
- Strong computer skills with MS Excel, MS Word, Google Apps and Keynote.
- Analytical and organizational skills coupled with the ability to multitask effectively without compromising the quality of work.
- Experience working in a start-up environment is preferred. Audit experience a plus.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills with the ability to interact effectively and communicate with all levels of the company.
- You will be full of optimism about the positive change you are bringing to the world around you.
Change.org is the fastest growing social change organization in the world, empowering more than 50 million people to create change in their communities.
We are building a world-class team of technologists and creatives along with the most accomplished team of social movement creators in the world.
5 weeks vacation