Associate Director of Communications
- Full- time
- Sydney, Australia or Melbourne, Australia
You’ll lead our brand strategy:
- Turn the vision and big picture goals into an ambitious brand strategy to drive our national presence and media coverage telling the story of Change.org
- Deepen brand affinity with our users, partners and potential users, creating a virtuous cycle where brand affinity drives petition creation and user engagement
You’ll drive our communications and media campaigning:
- Lead top-tier national media outreach on the grassroots campaigns that develop daily on Change.org, including identifying and pitching compelling campaign stories every day
- Oversee media training and support to petition starters and your colleagues before and during media appearances and events
- Collaborate and coordinate with teams around the world on international campaigns and media opportunities.
- Represent Change.org at important media meetings, events and interviews, both on- and off-the-record.
- You’re an experienced communications professional, with demonstrable experience engaging influential media to reach thousands on a weekly basis
- You believe in the power of personal story and treat those who hold them with great care and respect. People often start petitions on Change.org after experiencing trauma or hardship, and you’ll have the passion and commitment to help them tell their stories to make change and seek justice.
- You’re a strategic brand-builder with a demonstrated ability to create a national and/or global brand presence for an organization
- You’re collaborative, supportive and inclusive in your relationships with your team and colleagues, and comfortable working cooperatively in a fast-paced environment
- You’re passionate about Change.org’s mission of social change and empowering people everywhere to make a difference in the world.
As a bonus, you might also have some of these skills or experiences:
- Building strategic relationships with national media producers, editors, bookers, influencers, and journalists
- Handling strategic and crisis communications, messaging, and brand management
- Living in or building relationships with communities that have faced disadvantage, discrimination or marginalization in Australia
- Working in a digital/online environment, with colleagues who live far from you
- Working with leaders to build their profiles
- Working for a technology platform and/or an organization run on user-generated campaigns/content
Change.org is the fastest growing social change organization in the world, empowering more than 200 million people to create change in their communities.
We are building a world-class team of technologists and creatives along with the most accomplished team of social movement creators in the world.
Plenty of vacation