You’ll lead our brand strategy:
- Turn the vision and big picture goals into an ambitious brand strategy to drive our national presence and media coverage telling the story of Change.org
- Deepen brand affinity with our users, partners and potential users, creating a virtuous cycle where brand affinity drives petition creation and user engagement
- Grow our social media reach and influence, and ensure all our channels are leveraged for impact on the campaigns started on the platform.
You’ll drive our communications and media campaigning:
- Lead top-tier national media outreach on the grassroots campaigns that develop daily on Change.org, including leading your team to identify and pitch compelling campaign stories every day
- Oversee media training and support to petition starters and your colleagues before and during media appearances and events
- Collaborate and coordinate with teams around the world on international campaigns and media opportunities.
- Represent Change.org at important media meetings, events and interviews, both on- and off-the-record.
You’ll lead the communications team:
- Hire, manage, coach, and lead a standout communications team in North America
- Actively contribute to the North American leadership team of 5 across campaigns, communications, membership, and email staff. Together we’ll expand the team, run and win massive campaigns, and build our brand and revenue.
- Work with vendors to ensure the team has effective and reliable databases, tools, and resources for public relations work.
- You’re a leading communications professional, with significant experience engaging national and influential media that reach millions of people in North America
- You’re a story fiend who lives for a well told story, believes deeply in its power to change the world and is uncommonly good at identifying and framing stories
- You’re a strategic brand-builder with a demonstrated ability to create a national and/or global brand presence for an organization
- You’re an inspiring manager, having effectively built and led high-performing teams
- You’re collaborative, supportive and inclusive in your relationships with your team and colleagues, and comfortable working cooperatively in a fast-paced environment
- You’re passionate about Change.org’s mission of social change and empowering people everywhere to make a difference in the world.
As a bonus, you might also have some of these skills or experiences:
- building strategic relationships with national media producers, editors, bookers, influencers, and journalists
- handling strategic and crisis communications, messaging, and brand management
- living in or building relationships with communities that have faced disadvantage, discrimination or marginalization in North America
- working in a digital/online environment, with colleagues who live far from you
- working with leaders to build their profiles
- building internal communications systems
- working for a technology platform and/or an organization run on user-generated campaigns/content
Change.org is the fastest growing social change organization in the world, empowering more than 50 million people to create change in their communities.
We are building a world-class team of technologists and creatives along with the most accomplished team of social movement creators in the world.
Plenty of vacation