Executive Director Italy
- Full- time
- Rome, Italy
As our Executive Director of Italy, you will focus on:
- Leadership: You will lead the Italian team by actively and substantially contributing to a better team by managing and coaching others, training, problem solving, effectively communicating, sharing insights and innovation. You will also work collaborate with other leaders around the world to ‘think big’ about the opportunities we have to increase our impact.
- Impact: You will develop and execute on a strategy for more effectively empowering the 8 million Italians who use Change.org to create change on the issues they care about. This includes identifying the most significant social change campaign opportunities in Italy, connecting campaigns to government officials and business leaders in order to win campaigns and incubating thriving and independent movements.
- Revenue: You will lead the implementation of our user driven revenue strategy, and in particular our subscription program growth and retention plans. The success of our revenue products depends on inspiring, high-impact campaigns, creative and sustainable acquisition strategies, a sophisticated understanding of user engagement and retention, and a dedicated level of attention to data.
- Brand: You will continue growing our brand in Italy, increasing the coverage of the remarkable stories of the campaign creators. You will maintain extensive networks at senior levels across civil society, business, media and government. You will be our public face in Italy, regularly sought after as speaker and inspiring leader.
- Team Management: You will manage and lead a small team of 3-4 campaigners, communications staff, and digital fundraising experts. This includes recruiting and retaining great talent, setting high-reaching goals and motivating the team to hit them, fostering a culture of growth and collaboration, building efficient systems, and operational management (budgets, HR, etc).
You should apply if you have:
- A deep inner calling to empower people everywhere to create the change they want to see, along with a deep understanding of the ecosystem of social change of which we are part.
- Knowledge and interest in the Italian activism, media and political landscape. Connections with leadership at organizations and mission-driven business doing digital advocacy, digital fundraising and social change work is a plus.
- Experience in leading and inspiring high performing teams: hiring and retaining great people and leading them to success.
- 3+ years of experience in digital advocacy, marketing, fundraising, a mission-driven business, or another related field.
- Familiarity with social change digital campaigning.
- Good written, public speaking, relationship building, and outreach skills.
- Been accountable for revenue targets and have some business development or related experience.
- Some experience with data and analytics that helps you draw insights from several different types of performance metrics and gain insight from a complex funnel of KPIs.
Interested? Great! Here's what you should know:
- This is a full-time opportunity based in Rome.
- Salary is competitive and will commensurate with experience.
Change.org is the fastest growing social change organization in the world, empowering more than 50 million people to create change in their communities.
We are building a world-class team of technologists and creatives along with the most accomplished team of social movement creators in the world.
5 weeks vacation