Head of Design
- San Francisco
The Head of Design will:
- Partner with leadership to define the brand and product vision, core metrics, and roadmap.
- Lead, mentor, support and grow a cross functional design team that includes brand, product, and content designers and managing leads.
- Own and build a holistic vision of the Change.org brand, across products and platforms, with a clear vision for the visual brand’s future and roadmap.
- Expand the Change.org style guide, which defines all-company brand and user interface patterns across platforms.
- Ensure we deeply empathize with and understand our many different users, the problems they’re trying to solve, and build experiences that delight and deliver for them.
- Define the human-centered processes expected of designers, ensuring teams are delivering great design quickly, predictably, and with appropriately defined scope.
- Champion design principles across the company and be a steward for the visual brand both internally and externally.
This describes you:
- You’re a confident and experienced leader and manager. You grow your people and make sure their environment and team processes set them up to build great products.
- You have demonstrated skill across product design, communications design and brand development.
- Your design work has contributed to the measurable success of one or more impactful consumer-facing products at scale.
- You have experience conducting qualitative user research and using data to measure the efficacy of your design.
- From Sketch to the Adobe suite to whatever you think does the job best, you’re open to many tools, happy to learn new ones, and have enough front-end (HTML/CSS/JS) familiarity to speak the same language as other designers and engineers who shape our style guide.
- You have the ability to turn complex and overlapping objectives into clearly defined complementary objectives for teams to execute on.
- You love to collaborate with others, and have strong verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- You’re ready to put your skills to work for the world's largest platform for social change, empowering people everywhere to create the change they want to see.
Change.org is the fastest growing social change organization in the world, empowering more than 50 million people to create change in their communities.
We are building a world-class team of technologists and creatives along with the most accomplished team of social movement creators in the world.
5 weeks vacation
Free language training