Key responsibilities and outcomes:
- Support on-demand requests from Foundation country teams
- Feature delivery - work with different technologies, languages and frameworks in all layers of the web stack, from front-end to back-end to infrastructure as code
- Work with country teams to build and maintain custom, local payment solutions
- Ensure availability and reliability of our services in production
- Work in an agile development environment (Kanban, iterative development, short release cycles)
- Drive best engineering practices
- Contribute to vision & long-term strategy of team
- Code, Test, Review, Deploy!
- 3 years of relevant engineer experience
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal in English are a must
- Desire to learn, grow and expand skill set
- Can manage own time effectively
- Able to complete well-defined, familiar tasks without constant guidance
- Able to collaborate productively across time zone differences
- Full stack: able to work at all layers of the webstack, from frontend to backend to database including React, Node.JS, Ruby/Rails, Elixir, PHP
- Experience with Wordpress (or other CMS)
- Experience with Agile methodologies and fast development cycles
Nice to haves, experience with:
- Working with payment gateways
- AWS or other Cloud Infrastructure
Change.org is the fastest growing social change organization in the world, empowering more than 200 million people to create change in their communities.
We are building a world-class team of technologists and creatives along with the most accomplished team of social movement creators in the world.
Plenty of vacation