Senior Security DevOps Engineer
- Full- time
- San Francisco, CA, USA
As a member of our team, you will:
- Work with constituent engineering teams in building out a secure global service oriented architecture.
- Monitor our front-end nodes, internal services and databases.
- Develop, schedule, and execute automated security audits on infrastructure using industry standard security frameworks and tooling.
- Write penetration tests for applications and services.
- Document current and future security procedures and policies.
- Remediate and write post-mortem reports on security-related issues.
- Be actively involved in design, implementation, and maintenance of infrastructure security across multiple environments.
- Continuously contribute to and maintain our well architected Chef codebase.
- Troubleshoot system issues (such as high-load, memory, CPU usage, etc.) and come up with temporary/long-term solutions to improve overall system performance.
- Participate in our front-line on-call rotation, currently ~1 week in 6.
This describes you:
- You have strong experience with various web application security frameworks and tools.
- You have written application security penetration tests with an open source framework.
- You have experience in Linux/UNIX systems engineering and administration.
- You are familiar with cloud platforms such as AWS or GCP.
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Chef, Ansible, or Puppet.
- You can jump into situations with few guardrails and make things better.
- You write code that can be easily understood by others with an eye towards clarity and maintainability.
- Ability to work in a proactive manner and manage your own queue.
- Experience with SOC-2 or other compliance frameworks.
- Proficient in bash shell scripting (sed + awk) and either Ruby or Python.
- Experience with high-volume MTA’s.
- Experience with streaming architectures such as Apache-Kafka.
Change.org is the fastest growing social change organization in the world, empowering more than 50 million people to create change in their communities.
We are building a world-class team of technologists and creatives along with the most accomplished team of social movement creators in the world.
5 weeks vacation