- San Francisco, CA, USA or New York, NY, USA or Washington, DC, USA
Here’s what you’ll do as part of our team:
- Identify extremely compelling and timely online petition moments, and work to develop those ideas into online campaigns;
- Write compelling petition text that is nationally-resonant, has a strong ask, urgency, and clear and compelling stakes;
- Reach out to thousands or even hundreds of thousands of Change.org users gauging their interest in these ideas, and their potential to help lead petitions as organizers;
- Work closely with an excellent team of campaigners, communicators, and email professionals to highlight petitions to Change.org users;
- Stay up to date on news, politics, and pop culture to identify opportunities to engage the public in rapid response campaigns -- you should definitely be a news junkie!
And here are some things that describe you, as well as the skills and experience we hope you have:
- Strong writing skills and an ability to turnaround copy very quickly that is compelling and that clearly communicates the stakes of the issue at hand;
- Strong campaign instincts -- an ability to spot an injustice in the news, and work to identify a solution that people can take action around;
- A willingness to experiment even when you don’t know all the answers, and a “Let’s try it!” attitude that can help us learn quickly;
- Experience using social media and digital tools to bolster public engagement and reach broad audiences -- particularly helpful if you’ve placed FB ads and are familiar with targeting FB ads;
- Rapid response experience where you pivot work quickly because of breaking news, and an ability to work calmly under pressure (while still supported by a very loving team);
- Strong communications skills -- you will need to be comfortable speaking to Change.org users via email/phone/video calls, and working with colleagues on video conferences, chat platforms (Slack), etc.
- A passion for sport, celebrity or pop-culture, and more - you’re in touch with the issues and voices that Americans pay attention to.
- You are based in New York City, Washington, DC, or San Francisco;
- You like to have fun at work, even when the pace is fast and the energy is electric. You’ll be surrounded by some of the best minds in the social change space, who all have a deep commitment to connecting with one another and serving with passion.
Change.org is the fastest growing social change organization in the world, empowering more than 50 million people to create change in their communities.
We are building a world-class team of technologists and creatives along with the most accomplished team of social movement creators in the world.
Plenty of vacation