As the VP of People you will:
- Lead our people strategy, from how we think about talent acquisition and retention to how we approach professional growth, leadership, and culture.
- Build and manage a ~20 person team across five departments: recruiting, people operations, people support, learning & development, culture and diversity and inclusion.
- Grow our team with a talent acquisition strategy that is ambitious, effective, and well executed.
- Ensure that our global compensation structure is strategic, market-based, fair, and consistent.
- Regularly analyze and share people analytics insights with the potential to impact company or leadership behavior.
- Support people-related challenges and transitions across the organization, in particular any involving leadership.
- Design learning programs which empower staff to develop our professional and interpersonal skills.
- Model and develop a culture of growth, in which feedback is a regular and welcomed part of working life.
- Lead the charge in evolving our global culture and values, with innovative ideas and as much passion for fun as any reasonable person will have for ice cream.
- Be a company-wide advocate for our People & Talent priorities, partnering closely with other executives on strategy, resourcing, employee relations, compliance, coaching, growth programs, diversity and inclusion, etc.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and qualifications:
- A strong, compelling vision for how positive, high performing teams and cultures are built, and demonstrated success implementing such a vision.
- The ability to lead on both a strategic and tactical level.
- Executive management experience or clearly identified executive potential.
- Proven ability to influence and drive change with executive leadership and across diverse, distributed teams.
- Deep understanding of at least a few aspects of traditional HR work, from HR Ops (comp, benefits, payroll, HRIS) and performance management to employee relations and coaching.
- Developed and delivered high-impact initiatives in recruiting, onboarding, L&D, performance management, employee engagement, or employee retention.
- Strong, genuine affinity for our mission, vision and values.
- Passion for diversity, equity and inclusion, and understanding of why it’s important. Demonstrated success leading diversity & inclusion initiatives is preferred but not required. Global experience is also a plus.
- Expertise in coaching/mentorship is also preferred.
- A love of numbers is preferred but not required.
- Experience leading a People or Talent team through the scaling phase of a startup is also a perk, but not required.
Change.org is the fastest growing social change organization in the world, empowering more than 50 million people to create change in their communities.
We are building a world-class team of technologists and creatives along with the most accomplished team of social movement creators in the world.
Plenty of vacation