- New York, NY, USA or Washington, DC, USA
Here’s what you’ll do as part of our team:
- Working with the U.S. Communications Team, you will track daily and weekly media coverage of Change.org, and help the team identify reporters who are covering Change.org from various media outlets;
- Draft and/or review press notes about petitions on Change.org and help distribute them to journalists on our press lists;
- Provide administrative capacity to the U.S. Communications Team -- building email lists, updating spreadsheets, tracking press notes and other materials sent to reporters;
- Brainstorm possible news angles for petitions started on Change.org and/or angles we can pitch to reporters about Change.org’s brand;
- Create social media content (mostly written; perhaps some graphics/video) that can be shared on Change.org’s social media pages;
- Stay up to date on news, trends, and national conversations to identify opportunities to engage the public in rapid response campaigns.
And here are some things that describe you, as well as the skills and experience we hope you have:
- Excellent written and oral communications skills;
- Strong organization and task management skills, with an ability to follow directions from coworkers without heavy oversight, and to keep track of various tasks that are delegated;
- Thorough attention to detail -- this role requires accurate tracking of things like media hits, media contact information, and internal reporting on news coverage of Change.org;
- Some previous experience in media/communications, particularly public relations or reaching out to reporters;
- Some experience developing content for social media; experience with using PR databases;
- You are based in New York City (strong preference), or Washington DC.
Change.org is the fastest growing social change organization in the world, empowering more than 50 million people to create change in their communities.
We are building a world-class team of technologists and creatives along with the most accomplished team of social movement creators in the world.
5 weeks vacation