VP of Engineering
- San Francisco, CA
As the VP of Engineering you will:
- Hire, inspire, coach, and manage our diverse, multi-team engineering organization, which includes feature teams for engagement, revenue, and growth, as well as horizontal teams for Platform, DevOps, and Data Science.
- Own strategy, planning, goal setting, execution, and results.
- Uphold a strong culture of execution and accountability across engineering.
- Teach and advocate for agile development across the product organization.
- Continually assess and upgrade, when appropriate, our processes for quality, risk management, high availability, performance, and user delight.
- Enhance our recruiting strategies and programs, and serve as an attractor for top talent from many diverse backgrounds.
- As a key member of the executive team, work with peers in Product and our regional teams teams to deliver and upgrade compelling products that help us achieve our mission, and to contribute to overall company strategy.
- Previous experience with global consumer facing platforms, from feature work to platform infrastructure.
- Deep experience with modern web technologies, with rapid deploy, rapid and automated scaling, and high availability.
- Significant engineering management experience, both scaling and inheriting teams.
- At least 5 years of individual engineering experience.
- Strong track record of attracting, retaining, and mentoring top talent.
- Commitment to attracting diverse candidates and removing unconscious bias in all situations.
- Strong communication skills to a variety of audiences, from technical to non-technical.
- Extensive experience with estimating, budgeting and planning.
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or equivalent degree.
Change.org is the fastest growing social change organization in the world, empowering more than 50 million people to create change in their communities.
We are building a world-class team of technologists and creatives along with the most accomplished team of social movement creators in the world.
5 weeks vacation